Quantcast

** GMTuesday **

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Hotel coffee isn't too bad this morning.
Going to stop some bombs on a contractor this morning. Yay.

I need a few days off. Like ... 365 or so.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Home made coffee is even better and I'm on my 3rd cup.

Working from home, fireplace is on and signed up for a two day bike ride in some of the best nature in Denmark.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

It's a beautiful British morning out there...I'm not overseas or anything, it's just cold and cloudy. I'm at the office for much of the day working on a vehicle wrap design for the local DARE chapter. The last version looked like Ed Hardy threw up all over it, so I'm going to see if we can't tone that down from obnoxious to just tacky.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I ran 10 miles at the high school track before work, going in circles like a dog chasing its tail. It was cold, man. 12 degrees. I still sweat through all my clothes.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Just learned that I've been selected to be part of the urban planning committee of my city.

Will have a say on futur land development and integration of existing or new mtb trails.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Tuesderp. Hmmmm.

This guy left his wipers up, inside an underground parking garage. Note to self, do not park next to them as they clearly are anticipating some sort of shit storm.

In other news, a privately owned (by a business) piece of land is reopening the trails on their property for this summer. They've been closed for over a year due to ownership change. I think we're all very happy to see this happen; its pretty flat terrain but has some serious gnar rocks.

In other other news, I bumped into a fellow biker at the trail head last night who told me to go read the Conservation Authorities management plan for the area, which includes the spot that recently had some trails closed. I have not read the 100mb 67 page PDF yet, but the dude said that they basically want to abolish mountain biking in the area. WTF? Will read today and hopefully he is wrong.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
In other other news, I bumped into a fellow biker at the trail head last night who told me to go read the Conservation Authorities management plan for the area, which includes the spot that recently had some trails closed. I have not read the 100mb 67 page PDF yet, but the dude said that they basically want to abolish mountain biking in the area. WTF? Will read today and hopefully he is wrong.
are public land use conflicts in Canada settled by wrestling in a vat of butterscotch pudding?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Just learned that I've been selected to be part of the urban planning committee of my city.

Will have a say on futur land development and integration of existing or new mtb trails.
Sweet! What city?

We have several riders on the county parks and rec board and it's super helpful in terms of advocacy and building trust - and eventually leads to more access and the construction of things like $150K kickass pumptracks.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Sweet! What city?

We have several riders on the county parks and rec board and it's super helpful in terms of advocacy and building trust - and eventually leads to more access and the construction of things like $150K kickass pumptracks.
The term "city" should probably read "village", 3000 souls community. Being 30 minutes north of Montreal, there is land development pressure and we have to make sure that new projects integrates trails and that current trails on private land remains as much as possible when promoters buy those lands. We (users, gov, private land trust) already bought 75 acres of land to save our trails, another 75 acres will be donated to us soon.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Well my Orvis waders finally shit the bed after many years of abuse. Currently browsing Simms and Patagonia website. Gonna ditch the chest waders for some sort of guide pant and apparently Orvis does not have guide pant waders. WTF. I really like Orvis but looks like I will be going with either Simms Guide Pant or Patagonia Gunnison Gorge Pant. Anyone have experience with Simms or Patagonia waders?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Well my Orvis waders finally shit the bed after many years of abuse. Currently browsing Simms and Patagonia website. Gonna ditch the chest waders for some sort of guide pant and apparently Orvis does not have guide pant waders. WTF. I really like Orvis but looks like I will be going with either Simms Guide Pant or Patagonia Gunnison Gorge Pant. Anyone have experience with Simms or Patagonia waders?
do you fish a lot? my bro in law lives in asheville and is an avid fly fisher - even does guiding for the shop down in Brevard.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
do you fish a lot? my bro in law lives in asheville and is an avid fly fisher - even does guiding for the shop down in Brevard.
I do fish alot and lately I've realized that chest waders aren't really needed, even in the Davidson River. Thus, I have been looking for the pant waders that allow me to hike up into the back country areas of Farlow Gap with a little more comfort.

Does you BIL guide at DRO?

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
simms :D :D

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
G'morning, heathens. Other than the (unsurprising) announcement that I am thinking about storm chasing later this week (17" in Aspen what??!!) I've got nothing to add really.

@Dirtrider while I have no experience with fishing apparel, I have been super happy with my Patagucci ski stuff, and with them as a company. The jacket and pants I have a well made, fit great, and work awesome. I did manage to put a 4" tear in the sleeve of my ski jacket a couple seasons ago... caught a broken off branch right at shoulder level going pretty fast in the trees and it just tore right through the fabric. Bought a $5 shipping label from Patagucci, sent it in to their repair facility, and in less than 3 weeks it was back with a bomber repair job completed and no additional charges.

NB: This was on a jacket that I bought new with tags from some random person on eBay, so I didn't have a receipt or anything.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Does you BIL guide at DRO?
yeah on weekends and summers. teaches hs math and physics at some private school in asheville for his main gig. he’s gotten some pretty sweet free trips to places like patagonia and russia as a guide in the past. wish i could do the same with my riding! :D

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
G'morning, heathens. Other than the (unsurprising) announcement that I am thinking about storm chasing later this week (17" in Aspen what??!!) I've got nothing to add really.
pack your snorkel

@Dirtrider while I have no experience with fishing apparel, I have been super happy with my Patagucci ski stuff, and with them as a company. The jacket and pants I have a well made, fit great, and work awesome. I did manage to put a 4" tear in the sleeve of my ski jacket a couple seasons ago... caught a broken off branch right at shoulder level going pretty fast in the trees and it just tore right through the fabric. Bought a $5 shipping label from Patagucci, sent it in to their repair facility, and in less than 3 weeks it was back with a bomber repair job completed and no additional charges.
i like their stuff in general, but i always wait for past season closeouts so i can save 40-50%. even at that discount, that's about the limit of what i'd be willing to spend on it.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
How much are you looking to spend?
I used to use the chest waders myself, good thick neoprene... wanted to stay warm.
I have since moved to simple hip boots and they are substantially more comfortable and work great

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
How much are you looking to spend?
I used to use the heat waders myself, good thick neoprene... wanted to stay warm.
I have since moved to simple hip boots and they are substantially more comfortable and work great
Mmm...pee.