Quantcast

Gnar Sauce not included!

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
Couldn't find the info I was quite looking for with a search, so I thought I'd ask.

I've been on a Sunday for about a season, and I don't know if I want to shell out the cash for a 2008 model, or try out a new Morewood. I love how my sunday rode. Geo is perfect for me on a medium. Mike at Fox set me up with a custom shock which made it stupid smooth on the small stuff, and nice and progressive at the end.

I've been spending a bit of time on my Prophet MX, and though the bike is way too falling rate suspension, the single pivot aspect of the bike makes is nice and playfull. That leads me to want to check out a Morewood.

Anyone have a direct comparison between the two? Preferance on one over the other? Pro's and con's?

Any info would be appreciated!

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
Are you sure its the single pivot making it playful, or the fact that it's not an 40lb 8" race bike?
That is a good point but I had my sunday built up at 37 pounds, and 35 at the lightest. My prophet at the lightest weighs 31 to 33 for trailriding, and 34 with dh tires on it. So weight difference isn't that much different. Yes, the suspension setup is a little different, and having 5.5" vs. 8" does also make a difference. But I'm just asking the comparison between the Morewood and the Sunday.

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
I have a prophet too, but it reminds me of the benefits of the vpp/sunday linkage when I try to hammer on the flats or take a drop. It's a fun bike, but not terribly efficient, and it jacks.

It sounds like your sunday is set up perfectly for you, and it's one of the most popular frames. I would just try to head off your curiosity and stick with it.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
you might check with "beast", you can usually find him in the co locals section, i think he is riding the morewood for colorado school of mines at the d1 level

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
Jerry go with the "jedi".. You will feel the force.
Canfields are sweet, but not quite what I'm looking for anymore.

it reminds me of the benefits of the vpp/sunday linkage
Never really would have put DW and VPP in the same catagory really for ride characteristics really. but I know what you mean. I feel I can pedal through a fair amount with my prophet, and the brake jack just keeps you on top of when and where you brake. So I haven't really ever had a problem with it, and I'v ridden some pretty gnarly stuff on it.

It sounds like your sunday is set up perfectly for you, and it's one of the most popular frames. I would just try to head off your curiosity and stick with it.
It's pretty hard to convince myself to do otherwise really. The sunday was a sick bike for sure. Just wanted to maybe try something a little different I guess.

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
So no one has any thoughts on the two? Everyone knows sundays are sick. And it seems to be that people who have morewoods love them. But does anyone have thoughts on one over the other and why?

I am moving from a virtual pivot bike to a single pivot strickly based upon my riding style. The top caliber bikes are all capable of the same stuff, just require different techniques to ride them to their full potential. I like the feel of a little bit snappier bike even if it isnt as great in the rough, you just adapt how you ride the rough.

Depending on the terrain you ride, your style, and how you like your bike to ride, decide based upon that not just e-speculation