Quantcast

Gnar Star September 20th!!!!

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Sh!t, I'm in SB and I have school on Monday... Maybe I should skip the race on the 14th and just do the one on the 20th... Though missing those classes both Mondays might be okay...:think:

edit: I guess that 21st race isn't happening... I think I'll be there the weekend of the 14th though.

Last edited:

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
I am hoping I will be ok to go. I dislocated my good (non-previous-surgery) shoulder on Sunday...
what the.... dangit Josh, you're going to have to start landing on your head or something instead of throwing your arms out to keep your shoulders safe :lighten:

If you guys all do go, where's everyone planning on staying?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I'm just planning a day trip. Doctor says I may have a partial tear and for sure stretched the ligaments. It isn't too painful but it just popped out randomly. Hope taking it easy this week will help...

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
what the.... dangit Josh, you're going to have to start landing on your head or something instead of throwing your arms out to keep your shoulders safe :lighten:

If you guys all do go, where's everyone planning on staying?
Yeah! I wish I had a video to show him the proper head-back lander technique. :D

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I'll be there that entire weekend! Oh, and with a freshly rebuilt DHX 5.0 Coil, rebuilt and tampered with by the guy who DESIGNED the DHX coil for Fox... ;)

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Damn Mike. That sounds sweeeet. =]

So after looking at my schedule I realized I can only make it for a day trip for sure. Saturday the 20th.

mrpercussive

Monkey
Feb 11, 2007
CA
anyone planning a day trip for the race day? i gotta work saturday afternoon, so that sux... dont have a problem leaving saturday night...

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I sure can. We should leave early.

Todd, any word on Mandy? Any last night, I was just giving you some crap about not going. =] Next night ride will be planned so you can come along.

It sounds like Wednesday nights are going to be night ride nights. We did a 16-17 mile ride last night. BRUTAL climbs. Took about 3 hours. heh

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Josh, if you guys plan to get breakfast, even fast food, on the way, it would be wise for you guys to pick me up around 5:30. Plus, altitude changes the effectiveness of just about everything on the trails up at 5,000-8,000 feet. It'll give us time to get there, and tune our bikes a little bit before we hit the trails.

You have a rack for 3 bikes on your roof, right? So you, me and Todd can pile into your OUTTIE Aye-for? :D

Last edited:

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Wow we are going to be up early. So we should leave SC at like 5am? Rockstars or Monsters will be necessary. =]

I can hold 4 bikes total. With Todd, Mike, and myself I have one more open spot. I have plenty of room for gear in the back as well. If one more person wants to join us, I need to do some roof rack rearrangements before we head up there. I have 4 bike carriers on the car, but one of them is a fork mount. But I do have a 4th frame mount one, I just need to swap it out with the fork mount.

Yes, the A4 will be slow, but damn we will look good rollin up at North Star. haha

EDIT - Pat, we are heading up Saturday the 20th in the AM.

Last edited:

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Pat- Kelly, Clancy, my buddy CJ and myself will be heading up friday night the 19th. It'll be a good one, but we could probably squeeze one more in the truck if you can am-trak it or something up to us.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Sweet!Gettin cited!Took the DH out today for 2 runs down that one trail at that one place.Felt pretty good ,blew a tube, hopefully not the tire too.Howz the 220 doin Josh?
Nice! Lame about the tube. Speaking of... I need to pick up some tubes just in case I burp my ghetto tubeless while I'm out there.

The 220 is awesome. Only 2 real rides on it so far. I need to bring it out more. I would like to do some dead campers action on it. I haven't been down that trail in over a year now (since I last had a big bike).

How do you feel about a early morning ride next week Todd? Is it a possibility? If not, maybe we can pull a before dark run or two? I'm slammed this weekend with Emily's sister coming to visit from out of town and being in a wedding all day on Saturday in SF.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Have I ever rode that one trail that one time with you guys? I'm trying to figure out how to escape work early and I've been jonesin' to ride lately.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Gettin' stoked for riding this Saturday!

But my rollerblading injuries need to heal up.

I learned to fishbrain last night... then I fell doing it and have a huge lump on my shin and a bruised hip. :(

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Haha I remember those...

Wait until you start doing alioop ones. Way more 'fun' when you fall haha.

Super pumped for this weekend! Can't wait. I am hoping to get on my Primer for a couple more rides this week to warm up/break in/tune it some more.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I'll be warmed up... if by warmed up you mean I'll still be warm from getting out of bed.

I'm frickin' STOKED.

I gotta' get a spoke in my rear wheel and bleed my front brake. Those Codes have air-in-the-line issues. But I still love them. :D