Quantcast

Gnar Star September 20th!!!!

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I'll be warmed up... if by warmed up you mean I'll still be warm from getting out of bed.

I'm frickin' STOKED.

I gotta' get a spoke in my rear wheel and bleed my front brake. Those Codes have air-in-the-line issues. But I still love them. :D
Yeah I'm working on getting the right brake adapter for my front brakes. Maybe a morning ride tomorrow or the next day.

Super pumped for the gnar!

lamp

Monkey
Mar 21, 2008
Hey should I come out on a hardtail with a 150mm z1? I realize that this will be some of the gnarliest terrain i have ridden, and I wont be able to clear some sections, but I want to see n* before it closes! I am prepared to get totally thrashed, but I do want to be able to actually make it down the hill :biggrin:

edit - pat get your ass up here and I will cart you around

DraVen

Chimp
Jul 2, 2006
Sac.
i run a GT moto with a Dirt Jumper 2 150mm and i hit karp, livewire, boodocks, gypsy, pho-dog, and more.
anyone going up to the star for the livewire race? carpool?

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I'd say Livewire, Sinuous, Speedcontrol, Little/Big Trees, and the jump park are right up your alley. Everything else will be too difficult/scary on a hardtail, and you'll end up over the bars.

Just remember that Livewire is all about timing.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Pat- Kelly, Clancy, my buddy CJ and myself will be heading up friday night the 19th. It'll be a good one, but we could probably squeeze one more in the truck if you can am-trak it or something up to us.
Thanks!, but I can't make it. You're going to Parkfield right?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Super pumped. Hopefully I will have my new brake adapter tonight so I can ride tomorrow am to warm up a bit before this weekend. Well see.

Can't wait for Saturday. I think the only thing I am not looking forward to is getting up super early. haha I'm so freaking lazy.

As for the camera, I agree Todd. I never get up there. I think some pictures would be cool. Not sure if I can bring the camera or not. Also bummed I dont have body armor still. Damn all.

Also damn you Pat for not coming up this weekend. You should really come out. =]

May 13, 2008
The Bay.
Todd and Josh and Mike I got clearance from the lady I can go.
I only have my DS bike though....4" doesnt do much there.....

But I can bring my camera and get some pics on the gnarly trails of you guys.

Whats up for the ride up there my car can take 2 bikes and 2 people....

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Todd and Josh and Mike I got clearance from the lady I can go.
I only have my DS bike though....4" doesnt do much there.....

But I can bring my camera and get some pics on the gnarly trails of you guys.

Whats up for the ride up there my car can take 2 bikes and 2 people....
I can take you along. Mike/Derek, you guys should coordinate meeting up Saturday AM so I can just pick up both of you guys at the same time to help save time.

I for sure need to put my 4th bike carrier on my rack now. =]

That would be sick if you could take some photos while we were out there man! Do you not have a big bike?

I cannot freaking wait for this Saturday!

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Derek,

Where are you at?

We can meet wherever you want.

I'm in downtown San Jose right off of Taylor Street. Safe neighborhood, safe parking, and right off the 880.

May 13, 2008
The Bay.
Todd whats your plan for getting there?
Mike I am at 85 and 101 I can meet Downtown.
Is the plan to roll Saturday morning up and Saturday night return?
Yeah I sold the Glory and My Reign is under warranty......Hopefully back by friday.
So I am left with my old KHS Witch Doctor a railing bike for live wire!!!!!!!!

Flickable for the jump park.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Todd whats your plan for getting there?
Mike I am at 85 and 101 I can meet Downtown.
Is the plan to roll Saturday morning up and Saturday night return?
Yeah I sold the Glory and My Reign is under warranty......Hopefully back by friday.
So I am left with my old KHS Witch Doctor a railing bike for live wire!!!!!!!!

Flickable for the jump park.
Todd is riding up with me.

Weak sauce about the bike situation. It will still be plenty of fun!

May 13, 2008
The Bay.
Oh ok sweet.... well yeah im down...
yes mike i have your numebr that was me that texted....
my internet connection is sketchy a tree makes it go in and out all the time hence my lack of posting lately.....
comcastic=****ty

my frame might be at the store friday i owe them cash so if i have it i will get it....so maybe a bike for the star after all :biggrin:

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
My shock wasn't rebuilt, but was scoped out by one of the Specialized suspension guys. I'm ready to roll. All I need now is to get my rear wheel a new spoke, and get her trued up a bit.

I'll bleed my brakes when we get to Northstar... better for altitude changes and all that. :D

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
I'm getting stoked to go! My buddy CJ flies in from Hawaii tonight, I just rebuilt my boxxer last night and got everything packed up, plus I can almost lift my arm all the way over my head without my shoulder hurting! Score!

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
My wheel is at the shop getting a new spoke and a true.

Everything should be in order for me to go.

Derek, you want to meet at my place?

Txt message me and I'll get you my address...

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Wheel is back from the shop. I'm ready to ROLL.

I'll try to bleed my brakes tonight to save time when we get up there. But I'm still bringing my bleed kit with me. Just in case.

See you guys at my place about 5:30?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Wheel is back from the shop. I'm ready to ROLL.

I'll try to bleed my brakes tonight to save time when we get up there. But I'm still bringing my bleed kit with me. Just in case.

See you guys at my place about 5:30?
Nice.

I did my first DH ride on my Primer this am. It was nice. This bike is fast. I'm used to being more careful with line choices on my Snyper, this will go over just about everything. haha I think I may need to set my sag on the rear shock now that its broken in a bit more.

I think being at your place about 5:30 sounds good.

Are we going to get something to eat on the way back? Maybe something right as we leave so we can eat more later when we get home haha

What time does the place close by the way?

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
As I recall, The Star's last lift run is something like 3:45pm (pending weather... one day it started with the thunder/lightning, and they shut the lifts down at 2:45). But we should be good for a full 6 hour day, 10:00am - 4:00pm.

I usually bring snacks to much on all day. Powerbars, peanut bars, something with sugar in it. I've always been a fan of hitting In-N-Out in Auburn on the way home. It's only a little over an hour from Truckee, and that'll put us right about the 5:30-6:00pm dinner time, so it should be good. There's also McDonald's and something else in Colfax, which is only about 40 minutes from Truckee.

I plan on smelling VERY bad tomorrow on the ride home. :D