Quantcast

Gnar Star September 20th!!!!

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I'm down for whatever. Just have to give the gf a heads up on weather to make dinner or not. I would be down for sonic breakfast and in n out post ride meal...

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
In-N-Out is closer to GnarStar, and it'll be more about dinner time when we eat there.

Josh... the last few times I've done day trips to Northstar, I've not gotten home until about 8:30 or 9:00pm, so you shouldn't plan on being home until about 10:00pm... I'd tell Emily to cook for one, and that you'll get yourself some munchies on the way home.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
K guys. I'm out.

Josh, I txt messaged you my new address in downtown. Derek will be at my place at 5:15. We'll be waiting downstairs on Taylor Street. You'll see my truck on the street. We can load up there.

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
FYI, there is no Sonic in Sacto that I'm aware of. There are 2 of them in Roseville. Lead Hill/North Sunrise at the gas station located on the southwest corner and the other one is off Hwy 65 & Pleasant Grove....

I'm just getting off work. Maybe I'll see some of you guys today.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Awesome day out there. I got to really test out my Primer for the first time and was really pleased with how it handled everything.

It was a ton of fun driving you guys out there! almost 10 hours of driving for a little over 5 hours of riding. So worth it. The trails were way better than the previous year. And nobody crashed. A VERY successful trip.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Awesome day out there. I got to really test out my Primer for the first time and was really pleased with how it handled everything.

It was a ton of fun driving you guys out there! almost 10 hours of driving for a little over 5 hours of riding. So worth it. The trails were way better than the previous year. And nobody crashed. A VERY successful trip.
It was nice meeting you............ From a distance:biggrin:

It sucks, I forgot to tell my buddy to bring his camera. I wanted to get some riding pics of the new bike for the Karpiel website. Then again, I was just too caught up in riding and trying to get comfortable on it. Oh well, I'll try again in 2 weeks.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
It was nice meeting you............ From a distance:biggrin:

It sucks, I forgot to tell my buddy to bring his camera. I wanted to get some riding pics of the new bike for the Karpiel website. Then again, I was just too caught up in riding and trying to get comfortable on it. Oh well, I'll try again in 2 weeks.
Ditto.

I felt the same way. I wanted to get some pictures of the only time I made it over there this season, but I was honestly having such a good time riding and breaking in/getting used to my new bike. I really wasn't too into stopping.

Awesome riding with everyone, we had a great time despite Kelly's fork malfunction. A santa cruz ride should definitely be in order!
Hell yes. Riding with you guys out there was a lot of fun! So weak about the fork. Any idea what happened yet? I also finally got a run on Gypsy without someone stopping on the lip/landing of the bigger jump at the bottom of the trail. Such a fun jump. You can get some serious air on that one.

As for a Santa Cruz ride, **** yeah that needs to happen. I cant this weekend, maybe next (since I don't think I can go to the Northstar race).

Last edited:

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I'll be back up at GnarStar this weekend. After that, besides a possibly Downieville run in October, I'm home in the bay area until next season, so UCSC will certainly be getting plenty of traffic from my bikes. :-)

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Todd- CJ got a few pics of you on Boondocks, want em big or small?

Josh- Looks like an o-ring on the PAR chamber for Kelly's fork burped and created a gnarly negative air chamber that kept the fork stuck down. I pulled the whole thing apart last night and got it sorted out. I just need to figure out if I'm going to get rid of the extra PAR chamber to keep it from happening again or not. All the seals look good, so it was probably just not good enough tolerances on the seal or something.

May 13, 2008
The Bay.
Brian I might have one of you. what were you riding? and or wearing?
I have a random red intense guy and a random tld camo outfit guy.

Last edited:

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Josh... that berm on Livewire claimed another. Think I gave myself a minor concussion, hurt my neck and back pretty good, too. Knocked the wind out of myself.

Cracked a little piece of my helmet, but the impact was hard enough to get me to buy a new helmet anyway.

Blah. I'm in such major pain.

Might be out on the trail bike at UCSC this weekend just for a mellow double-looper.

GiantRider

Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Nor. Ca. Santa Cruz ,Mang
Dang Mike that sux!Glad your ok,yea i thought it was just me with that berm ,seemed like everytime I hit it I got thrown another direction.We hit UC this sunday and considering how dusty and blown out it waz it was still a good day of riding.As soon as the rains come Im going to go out and do some trail surgery, if anyone else wants to help that would be peachy.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I'm on a mission to do a ton of trail surgery this winter out there. Mending that bridge toward the bottom of Dead Campers is on my priority list. Amongst other things like raking, shoveling some of the smoother trails on the North side of the trails like Z's, Sweetness, etc. They need serious help. And Chupa needs some work where the trail pretty much disappears for like 20 feet. Haha...

GiantRider

Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Nor. Ca. Santa Cruz ,Mang
I was havin trouble on that last big one before the funky step up jump thing.As for a trial surgery day that would be cool if you guys could help!When it starts raining I will plana day for us to do some work and afterwards have a bike tune up/BBQ at my house.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I'm game to help. I just rode...something. Not sure what it was, off the water towers, there's a bridge gap thingy that I hit four times because it was so smooooth...finger has finally healed.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Nate, you maybe down to do a DH run tomorrow am? I'm thinking park at the bottom and hike up. Meet a little before 7am and head up.

I'm actually going to make a thread about it.