Quantcast

Gnubie road pedals

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hey peep gang.

i just scored some super high quality road shoes (LG Carbon HRS) for a commuter shoe price. That means it's finally time to ditch the spuds on my road bike and get a legitimate pair of bike pedals. (and put the atacs back on my MTB).

What do you recommend for somebody who likes time pedals on their MTB and has zero experience with road clipless pedals? Keep it under $100 mail order, please.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Speedplay Zeros are a little funky to get used to but once you have they're great. I've had good luck with a variety of different options from Look too.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I have the Time Carbon and they have been trouble free the last 3 years.
what model? I have my eye on the RXS speed, which is the plastic version. They also have the new iclic, which supposedly sucked in the first iteration, then ruled in the second?? I hear more good things about the rxs though.

I've seen the speedplays and I like the idea of buying US...hmmm...

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
If you are used to clipless pedals, it shouldn't matter too much what you get in terms of feel and getting used to them.

FWIW I use 105 pedals and find them pretty good, especially for the cost. Not hard to find under $100 new or used.