Quantcast

Go buy tool NOW!

ragin-sagin

Monkey
Oct 2, 2003
NZ
Ska-rooo you guys! I am gonna buy today. Tool is the best-est ever. Unless you kick puppies, break glass on beaches and fart in elevators, in which case you surely hate Tool.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
I bought the new Pearl Jam album for BV today!

A guy I work with bought both PJ and Tool today, and was grooving in his cubbie! :D

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
BurlyShirley said:
Pearl Jam and Tool?

1998 called, it want's its crappy bands back :rofl:
The one new Pearl Jam single they keep playing on the radio sounds awesome.

By awesome I mean really, really, really, really, really, awful.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
-They're pretentious assholes. Who in the hell would sequence their album to represent a series of numbers or make their drum patterns oddly signatured on purpose to represent math?

-Claymation is stupid.

-Manyard is an asshole, and he can't sing.

-They sound like "The thinking man's Korn".

-I don't like the way they sound. I can't stress this part enough.

-Their fans bite balls, because they're all obsessed and pretentious like the band.

-Their music isn't pleasing to my ear.
The end. Yay for Google.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
H8R said:
And what does Capt. Music think of it?
i'm not much of a tool fan, really, but this is quite good.

what'd you think of my SotD selection today?

btw, i grabbed a copy of that wolfmother cd last night, but haven't heard it yet.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
narlus said:
i'm not much of a tool fan, really, but this is quite good.
I can't stand the single on the radio. Prog rock narcisist fest. I'll have to hear the balance of the album someday.

narlus said:
what'd you think of my SotD selection today?
Local boys make good. I love those guys.

narlus said:
btw, i grabbed a copy of that wolfmother cd last night, but haven't heard it yet.
Think: every 70's riff that ever mattered. They are like QOTSA in that they play what you WANT to hear. Very derivative, but you want it to be.
Guilty pleasure for sure.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
H8R, i need you to ensure i get a copy of that Om/Current 93 10" which is coming out on Neurot. assume you've got some sort of inside track on that bizness, ya?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
narlus said:
H8R, i need you to ensure i get a copy of that Om/Current 93 10" which is coming out on Neurot. assume you've got some sort of inside track on that bizness, ya?
Who?

:rofl:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
BurlyShirley said:
H8R, you like Children of Bodom at all?
I do not know.

I shall listen to them, and then I shall tell you what I think.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
narlus said:
Yeah. Me too. I probably have nothing to trade, save some spanish doom, if you need such a thing.

PS, Tool is Tool. That's basically what i though after listening to the new album once or twice.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
BurlyShirley said:
...you were that kid who wore the faded Nirvana shirt EVERY DAY werent you?:rofl:

Nah, I've ever only owned one Nirvana shirt. Besides I was already an adult when they hit. Though I do like Nirvana.

Funny thing though, the singer of Lucero definitely has a Kurt Cobain style (At least from what I have heard. I've listened to them but am not intimately familiar with their catalogue). Now, I'm not ripping on the band (Lucero), I am ripping on you for making fun of people who like bands that sound akin to the one you like.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Ciaran said:

Nah, I've ever only owned one Nirvana shirt. Besides I was already an adult when they hit. Though I do like Nirvana.

Funny thing though, the singer of Lucero definitely has a Kurt Cobain style (At least from what I have heard. I've listened to them but am not intimately familiar with their catalogue). Now, I'm not ripping on the band (Lucero), I am ripping on you for making fun of people who like bands that sound akin to the one you like.
Yeah man, I dunno what you heard...I can see the voice similarity to an extent, but the music/lyrics TOTALLY different. I rip people and put myself out there to be ripped on because its fun. Call me a troll, but I get a kick out of brutal honesty, tauntings and pissgiving.
You should listen to some more. Its good stuff. Alot about TN too.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
BurlyShirley said:
Yeah man, I dunno what you heard...I can see the voice similarity to an extent, but the music/lyrics TOTALLY different. I rip people and put myself out there to be ripped on because its fun. Call me a troll, but I get a kick out of brutal honesty, tauntings and pissgiving.
You should listen to some more. Its good stuff. Alot about TN too.
I only meant his vocal style, not the lyrics or the music.

I liked what I have heard so far, and will likely pick up a CD pretty soon. I know they are from TN, are they local to you? I mean do they play small clubs and such where you can see them?

I only rip on you because I know you can take it, as well as dish it out. It's all in good fun. :)

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Ciaran said:
I only meant his vocal style, not the lyrics or the music.

I liked what I have heard so far, and will likely pick up a CD pretty soon. I know they are from TN, are they local to you? I mean do they play small clubs and such where you can see them?

I only rip on you because I know you can take it, as well as dish it out. It's all in good fun. :)
They are in memphis, but play local Nashville clubs all the time. Kizzi77 has seen them alot, but I havent. Im relatively new to it.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Well I listened to most of it and, well it sounds like Tool alright.

I wouldn't spend any money on it though.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Tenchiro said:
Well I listened to most of it and, well it sounds like Tool alright.

I wouldn't spend any money on it though.
They say if you buy 9 of them you get a bonus track when you insert them into your player simultaneously.