Quantcast

~~~>Go Climb Some Mountains GMT<~~~

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Ass early boat boarding for some reason and no restaurants on the resort are open then. Wtf? Guess it's protein bars and snacks for breakfast.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
When we were at the beach they hoisted the dangerous marine life flag and an hour later we watched a shark chase fish for 20 minutes right off the beach. Between the sharks and gators this state is a long pig buffet.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Face felt great on a ride yesterday. Had to work through a bit of the yips on the tech sections, but overall felt pretty good. I think we’re riding again this morning, then a whitewater raft run this afternoon. River’s pretty high right now, should be uhhh interesting?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
porch coffee, quick ride, then taking younger kiddo to a rugby game.

had a nice hike yesterday and trout for dinner in blowing rock. reminded me i need to get back to riding in the mountains more.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Wife is taking the last of four praxis tests. I’m supervising my youngest in the second of three consecutive swim lessons (she had some make ups to use).

Hail damage estimate for the dented Land Cruiser this afternoon.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Driving down to the SIL's for some reason. I will just try to hide on the couch for a few hours before we can leave. I may sneak a smoke in the garage if it gets too much. I can usually find my BIL in there, too. :rofl:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Mountain bicycled one of my mountain bicycles yesterday for 100 miles. So probably not riding today, especially as it's due to rain this afternoon.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hey hey hey
ragefest narrowly avoided. Yesterday I popped the tube in my TT bike’s rear wheel. This is not unusual as latex tubes tend to be iffy near the valve stem, and the stupid valve extenders I have are horrendous. I replaced it today with a tube that immediately flatted. Ha ha. Replaced it with another that I had kicking around, which also flatted. OK sandwich, try not to pinch the fuggin’ tube as you push the tire over the rim (idiot). Threw another tube in and went out for a ride on it for the first time in a year- got a mile down the road and this tube blew too. Wife came and picked me up and I hopped on the other bike. Correct size tube and new valve extenders on order…many curses cursed.

While I was out (which was a beautiful ride, btw) I passed a homey who looked to be walking his bike. I asked if he was OK and he said he was fine, so I went out for my TT loop. Came back and he was still walking. Stopped to chat, told him I would have been happy to give him a tube after my ordeal this morning, but he refused as he was almost to the shop. Don’t be afraid to ask for help homies, it might save you a walk.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
This beauty kitty has been gracing the front door camera lately. I saw once in the backyard.

I assume it has a home, but I'd like to pet and/or capture him/her.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Took the clown car out on the sand today for the first time with regular tires, so much horsepower it did fine without sand tires or paddles. A little bit of wheel hop if you get too greedy with he skinny pedal but manageable, Think I will run it for a while and shop around for some sand tires and bead locks as I go.