Quantcast

Go Crazy Folks!

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
The Cards win! The Cardinals win!

I'm sure it isn't as fun as taunting Yankees fans, but I had to give it a shot.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
WS Predictions anyone? I want the Sox to win it... I think the cards are going win. They played great last night, I dont think the Sox can hold up to that kind of play. Though they do deserve it after that kind of comeback.

J

JRB

What does GO CRAZY FOLKS mean??? Is that a Cards saying, or were you high???

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
loco-gringo said:
What does GO CRAZY FOLKS mean??? Is that a Cards saying, or were you high???
That's what the immortal St. Louis announcer Jack Buck (father of Fox Network's Joe Buck) started yelling when the Cards won th '82 World Series.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
golgiaparatus said:
WS Predictions anyone? I want the Sox to win it... I think the cards are going win. They played great last night, I dont think the Sox can hold up to that kind of play. Though they do deserve it after that kind of comeback.
I saw last night that the Sox and Cards have met twice in the W.S. Cards took it both times.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
pixelninja said:
That's what the immortal St. Louis announcer Jack Buck (father of Fox Network's Joe Buck) started yelling when the Cards won th '82 World Series.
Nah man, Buck said that after Ozzie Smith cracked that homer against the Dodgers in the '85 NLCS.

J

JRB

All these Cardinal sayings must just run together. Or they always say the same thing.:think:

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
loco-gringo said:
All these Cardinal sayings must just run together. Or they always say the same thing.:think:
Pipe down. :nope: You can contribute to this conversation when a team from your neck of the woods makes it to the World Series. :D

J

JRB

DNA said:
Pipe down. :nope: You can contribute to this conversation when a team from your neck of the woods makes it to the World Series. :D

Dude - I took a big deep breathe when they lost last night. I am going to that hole of a town for the weekend and I endured my 2 years of hell when San Antonio one the finals. I can't take that much enthusiasm, so it's all good for the Cards. I do hate that Mark McGuire cat though. Just goofy and irritating. Don't even know if he still plays. :think:

Congrats on your team bro. :thumb:

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
You gotta understand - these poor saps live in Misery^H^H^Hsouri. You, as a Texan, surely relate......

Let 'em have their fun. :p

-S.S.-
Look here bizzle. :nope:

J

JRB

I Are Baboon said:
Why do people have to be hatin' on DNA's thread. Let him enjoy his team's success, dammit.

BTW, Sox in 7 :D

It won't take em 7 dude. :D

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Back to Golgi's question...this series is so tough to call. This series will probably be similar to the Astros series. Both teams can really hit the ball and they both have 2 great starters. The Sox will be tougher because they have decent middle relief, which is where the Cards got to the 'Stros. On the upside, at least Carlos F'n Beltran won't be playing anymore.

Being a Homer, I have to go with the Cards for the win, probably in 7, but I can't say that with any confidence.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
DNA said:
Back to Golgi's question...this series is so tough to call. This series will probably be similar to the Astros series. Both teams can really hit the ball and they both have 2 great starters. The Sox will be tougher because they have decent middle relief, which is where the Cards got to the 'Stros.
I think top to bottom, the Cards starting lineup gets the edge over the Sox. The Cards have a better 1st baseman, 2nd baseman, shortstop, 3rd baseman, center fielder, and right fielder. However, the Sox have a much deeper bench, deeper bullpen, and stronger starting pitching. Don't underestimate Tim Wakefield. When he is on, he can be extremely tough. I don't think the Sox bullpen will shut down the Cards like they did the Yanks. I think it'll be a high scoring series.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Yeah, that is pretty much it. I figured you would know what i was talking about.

ArmySlowRdr

Chimp
Jul 5, 2001
Killeen, TX
...dam all i do is lurk on here maybe once every 2 months being an MTBR fan and all-- I'm surprised I remembered my password/log in--

--but had to reply to the subject since I knew it would have to do with the beloved redbirds.

I used to live in HotSprings, AR for years and everyone there is a Cubs or Cards fan--a few are Astros fans. My grandfolks lived in St Louis and I went to many a game at Bush---then I lived in the area myself from 78-86.

Anyway---yeah Shannon always did sound drunk at the mike---does he still have that restaurant downtown?

I think the sox will win in 6 but I hope not. And I also hate to see a new stadium being built.

And --oh--- sammy stupidly slammin sosa and barry doper bonds r way more irritatin than ex dopie/ex A's/cards dude McGuire.

Finally I would not have been too upset to see the stros win because I'm a Texan at heart.

I hope those (loco g) who thought about racin at double lake did---I went to their first mtbike fest a few years ago and had a blast----way fast trails.

gschuette

Monkey
Sep 22, 2004
Truck
I am glad to see some fellow Cardinal fans here. I was born in St. Louis so I love the Cardinals. I am so glad to see them finally go to the big series again. I think(hope) it will be the Cards in 7 close games.

GO CARDS!