Quantcast

go fuck yourself friday....

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Hi there online counseling group friends.
Rinse and repeat of yesterday, although deposit was made at home and not gym.

Trail work day tomorrow. Arranging some equipment for that today.
Taking family/maturity photos tonight. Also known as really stepping the selfie game up.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Was up at 3 am. Why you ask? No particular reason. Decided I might as well make the most of it and go play 9 before work.

Hot and sweaty day today, then it's back down I to the 60s with rain. That will be a welcomed relief.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I have a dermatologist appointment today, to look at a bump on my head.

I have no idea if they are just going to look or if they are going to remove it. :confused:

Anyways, its Friday. Will hopefully be able to go for a super low key ride down the road tonight and then hit the trails tomorrow.

We cross into NC today. First state down and another thru hiker milestone. Back to the Green Tunnel.
Its low on your priority list, but are you posting pictures anywhere?

:cheers:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
coffeeing it up on the porch; have an appointment at 10, then some editing, then another appointment at 12:30. prolly take kiddo to gym and then diving. then pizza night. what a crazy, exciting day!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hey gang
haven't reported in since wednesday
had kind of a miserable race at the Weds night TT. The new bike was OK but shifting wasn't set up properly yet so that was tough, plus I haven't practiced the weird aero position you are forced to contort into. On top of that I did a good workout on Tuesday night so my legs weren't totally ready. Still the hongfu feels pretty good and somehow I did OK building it up.

Today is honestly kind of a FU friday. I have some work to do but I'm going to balance the work life balance, I think.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Live review class for exam is tomorrow and way behind on my prep study. Guess I'm going to be barely working today. Class last night went through memory techniques and other study strategies. They said at this point even sitting taking a shit you should be reading flashcards instead of your phone.

Haley's practice on the 18th and race the following wknd are going to be very difficult because the amount of study time necessary. I'm going to make Wifey come with us to learn the basics of getting her ready for each practice/race session so that she can do alot on her own while I hide in the trailer or car. She still has yet to come out because it scares her after doing outdoor racing with her colleagues; doesn't seem to get that driving with walk-on's is very different than going out with racers.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

FTS Friday is in full swing. I should have played 9 this morning but felt guilty having done minimal work this week. I have my weekly "status update" today and even though they have all gone great, I still get wicked anxiety over it. Having passed my probation with flying colors, it's relaxed a little. But I still feel like I'm somehow behind.

The boss said "3 years minimum before I understand it all", but I still have unrealistic expectations of myself.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i would love to hand out dick kicks in gaston county.....just post up at any place that sells lotto tickets and kick away.......

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
There was a fair today in Como to celebrate the holiday - large Midway in the park with street food vendors.

I had Argentinian BBQ, arancini, some paella, and a surprisingly good Italian micro IPA. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Smrt way to spend the day before getting in a germ-tube for the umpteen hour flight home. :homer:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
There was a fair today in Como to celebrate the holiday - large Midway in the park with street food vendors.

I had Argentinian BBQ, arancini, some paella, and a surprisingly good Italian micro IPA. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Smrt way to spend the day before getting in a germ-tube for the umpteen hour flight home. :homer:
A wise man eats a lot of cheese before international flights.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My road allows street parking on either side leaving only a single narrow lane for traffic. Recently a bunch of people have parked so close to my driveway that even with a fairly small car (for 'merica) I need to perform a 12 point turn to get in and out. Found out I can declare my own fairly large no parking zone and have people ticketed if they encroach. Time for some yellow spray paint.

1685717891256.png

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
My day shall consist of supply chain issues and lead times. Perhaps an unhappy customer or two. I need to not give a damn so much since it is out of my control but I just can’t do it.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Coffee then work then cleaning house before next round of family visitors.

Supposed to participate in a short mtb race tomorrow. Its actually have trail and half gravel roads. Planning on racing the gravel bike. It should be glorious once the singletrack ends and I can spin the gravel out. I should probably pre ride the course today sometime.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Buenos días, lovely street urchins. My day shall consist of coffee drinking, dog walking, user interface designing, laundry laundering, poop pooping, and eventually bike riding and beer drinking. Teh Spousal Unit™ is getting together with a couple of her lady friends, and another buddy’s partner is doing the same (but with different lady friends), so it appears an unofficially unsanctioned unplanned dude’s night may occur. RIP in peace my liver.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

A wise man eats a lot of cheese before international flights.
a wise man takes a big shit before a international flight...

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
A German colleague (“higher up the food chain”) asked me why I don’t have someone from the “back office” handle my more mundane admin tasks. He looked very confused when I just laughed and laughed, said “back office” and laughed some more.

Really need to spend time on a bike getting fit. Alsea shuttle days are right around the corner and I am afraid that I don’t even have the fitness for a full day of shuttling.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
A German colleague (“higher up the food chain”) asked me why I don’t have someone from the “back office” handle my more mundane admin tasks. He looked very confused when I just laughed and laughed, said “back office” and laughed some more.

Really need to spend time on a bike getting fit. Alsea shuttle days are right around the corner and I am afraid that I don’t even have the fitness for a full day of shuttling.
Perhaps I am just getting old but my descents are a hell of a lot more physically demanding than climbing. I can climb for an hour straight but need to take a few breaks on the way back down.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Present, barely.

Sometimes I hate this state.

You know what rich people will do? Exactly what they have been doing, rich guy shit, and buying solar and battery back-up. By that law's definition of "rich" I'm rich, and used my wealth to slap $60k worth of electric shit on my roof and then used my rich guy credit score to finance it so my monthly payment is $250 as opposed to my electric bill which was anywhere from $200 to $700 depending on the season. Haven't paid a dime to Edison since, in fact, Edison currently owes me about $900.

Well intentioned, but useless.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Perhaps I am just getting old but my descents are a hell of a lot more physically demanding than climbing. I can climb for an hour straight but need to take a few breaks on the way back down.
Yeah, most riding here is fire road or climbing trail up, chundery single track down. I tend to just noodle my way up, so going down is definitely more effort!

I have been getting cramps in my quads lately about 2.5 to 3 hours into riding. Need to figure out if it is fitness or diet related…