Quantcast

Go out, burn tires, deforest land, use styrafoam...

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Goddamn I am sick of winter here in the North West.

All the races are on hold.
Whistler isn't all the way open.
It was 60 today and I felt warm...

Someone do me a favor, shoot Al Gore in the face. If it wasn't for him telling everyone to drive a damn Prius, which only contributes Smug to the environment, I'd be enjoying summer right now.

This is crap.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
boohoohoohoohoo. and to think,

China floods kill 171, more rain expected

By WILLIAM FOREMAN, Associated Press Writer 14 minutes ago

Soldiers scrambled to shore up soggy levies with sandbags Tuesday in southern China as forecasters warned that more heavy rain in the central region could trigger flooding on the country's second-longest river. The death toll rose to 171, state-run media said.

The high waters swamped crop land in the south, forcing farmers to wade into their fields and harvest unripe cucumbers, bitter melons and other vegetables before they spoiled in the water. The natural disaster was driving up food prices that were already soaring before the heavy rains began last month.

The death toll from this year's flooding in 20 provinces and the western Xinjiang region has already reached 171, the official Xinhua News Agency reported. At least 1.27 million people have been relocated and crop damage was reported on 2.12 million acres, Xinhua said.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Is this normal for up here? I remember the weather in Eugene, which is 4 hours south admittedly, being a lot more consistent. Spring and summer were kick ass, fall and winter were dark and wet. I am pretty sure its past spring now, so what the deuce...

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Is this normal for up here? I remember the weather in Eugene, which is 4 hours south admittedly, being a lot more consistent. Spring and summer were kick ass, fall and winter were dark and wet. I am pretty sure its past spring now, so what the deuce...
Not really. The weather has been really whacked out for the last 2 months. I don't expect it to regulate itself until July 5th...

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I rode my bike to work, and I planted a tree yesterday, just to spite you

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I've been holding my breath for the last 4 hours just to make sure I don't emit any carbon dioxide. I want you to be cold and miserable.

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
Yes this is normal, typically summer doesn't start in Seattle until July. Last summer was a bit wetter than "normal" but still a lot closer to the norm than the previous 3 or 4 awesomely sunny and hot summers.

Actually according to a recent newspaper article, global warming predictions for the PNW forecast wetter and cloudier springs followed by blazing hot and dusty summer's .............No Thanks!

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I rode my bike to work, and I planted a tree yesterday, just to spite you
I broke wind after a mexican food dinner. My methane contribution will offset you.

I've been holding my breath for the last 4 hours just to make sure I don't emit any carbon dioxide. I want you to be cold and miserable.
How is that working out for you?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
We couldn't get to our races this weekend cuz of the widespread flooding here in the Midwest. We are lucky we dodged the bullet (& tornadoes). I can't imagine what it would be like to have my city look like this...

Seems kinda selfish to b1tch about it when people are loosing their homes & all of their possessions. :think:

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
You? I'm calling for 72 virgins and a 44" schlong. Then some water bottles from Costco... He's like a genie...but with birkenstocks.
Just remember, I don't promise all 72 of the virgins will be good looking.

Or that they'll all be girls...

We couldn't get to our races this weekend cuz of the widespread flooding here in the Midwest. We are lucky we dodged the bullet (& tornadoes). I can't imagine what it would be like to have my city look like this...

Seems kinda selfish to b1tch about it when people are loosing their homes & all of their possessions. :think:
Eat me. I lived through Ivan and Katrina, and I still bitch about it being cold. Nothing I love more then when someone takes a joke and gets all self righteous. I've done the lose everything dance more then once, and you rebuild and keep going.

Besides, the midwest is a lot like New Orleans, its going to flood, a lot. Its part of how the system keeps its self regulated.

Douche...

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW

Looks like your SnoGlobe melted.

thebornotaku

Monkey
May 19, 2008
Northern Bay Area
Welcome to human beings, a lot of them don't care unless they're affected in some direct manner.

for instance, I don't care that people in the midwest are losing their homes. I'm too worried about things that actually matter to me. Stuff like keeping cool, keeping my car running, etc.

So I'm sure you'll have to excuse some people "being selfish" because they aren't flailing around yelling "WHAT EVER SHALL WE DO" about a matter that they're not involved with.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Goddamn I am sick of winter here in the North West.

All the races are on hold.
Whistler isn't all the way open.
It was 60 today and I felt warm...

Someone do me a favor, shoot Al Gore in the face. If it wasn't for him telling everyone to drive a damn Prius, which only contributes Smug to the environment, I'd be enjoying summer right now.

This is crap.
Awe, poor little thing. Does your pvssy hurt, do you need some cream ?

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington

This what we had in December.

The bridge in the center of the photo goes over Interstate 5. Cleaning up after 3' of flood water in a house equals the suck.:rant: I thank God my house was spared. I know more than I can count who are still recovering from the devestation.

This area is six blocks from my house.

Last edited:

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Oh, sorry dirt. I only took the small bottles.

Maybe you can get a super-sized mega-tub at Costco with a handy hose and pump.
But does it come with a nozzle. A hose and pump are really nice, but I need to be able to control it with a nozzle so as to not rough up the vag. Then I would have sandy, salty, and angry vag. If I just get wheepy vag then its like I have the 4 vags of the apocalypse going on down there, and that would be teh suk.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
But does it come with a nozzle. A hose and pump are really nice, but I need to be able to control it with a nozzle so as to not rough up the vag. Then I would have sandy, salty, and angry vag. If I just get wheepy vag then its like I have the 4 vags of the apocalypse going on down there, and that would be teh suk.
I thought all douchebags had nozzles.

:biggrin:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I think you are just mad cuz your beard won't fill in. Just wait until your boys drop.