Quantcast

Go-Pro goes HD

dilzy

Monkey
Sep 7, 2008
That footage just takes a contour hd and sledge hammers it into the dusty jerky it's alway's been. I can't wait.

G30RG3ryan

Monkey
Feb 24, 2002
Sparta, NJ
I used the new Vholdr Contour HD 1080p last week. The regular ContourHD is sweet, but this footage was even better. Didn't get a chance to play with any settings though. Helmet cams are getting sick!

dilzy

Monkey
Sep 7, 2008
id still stick with the ContourHD. its a better cam then the GoPro, only a little bigger
I have yet to see a good bit of footage with the Contour HD. It doesn't seem to handle changing light conditions as well as the GoPro and the mounts seem to just plain suck.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
ive been having so many problems with my gopro suddenly not recording, taking pics etc. Then I realized that the SD cards were somehow FAT32 formatted and reformatted them to FAT16 and suddenly its all good. sadly i missed a fun ass day of riding (well i didnt miss it, but the camera did

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
id still stick with the ContourHD. its a better cam then the GoPro, only a little bigger
No chest mount, not waterproof, not shock-resistant, no 170deg wide angle lens, helmet mounts I've seen all shake like an epileptic at a rave... how is that better? The footage I've seen doesn't seem substantially (if at all) better than the HD GoPro in terms of clarity either. What is it that makes the VholdR better than the GoPro? Looks like a higher-quality unit (the GoPros look cheap as hell) but I'm yet to really see any features that make me remotely inclined to buy it compared to the GoPro (for MTB use anyway).

Last edited: