Quantcast

Go Pro vid - Ridding with Broken Collar Bone and 2 Fractured Ribs

Bass-Head

Chimp
Aug 8, 2011
Broke my collar bone during a solo run. There was only one way off the mountain and that was down... Rode a good quarter of the trail with collar bone broken and walked the rest but it was just as much hell walking as it was ridding....

Here's a pic of my x-ray.... me (Ortal P.) at N/A in Calgary, Alberta, Canada - photo by frreride4life420 - Pinkbike.com

Also i just found out today i fractured 2 of my ribs along my upper spine....

and here's the video veiwer discretion is advised there is a lot of curssing in the Vid... lol. Btw srry i couldnt post it directly but its not posted on vimeo

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/210625/

Last edited:

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
I thought it was broke at the beginning of the video and I was gonna call absolute bull****. Then I got to the actual break. Having just separated a shoulder and trying to do the same thing I can only say one thing. ****, your dong and balls are ****ing HUGE.

God damn that must hurt like hell.

Bass-Head

Chimp
Aug 8, 2011
god. damn. On a side note, you are a fast f*er.
Haha thanks man, yea in the beginning of the Vid I was just too stoked to be out riding. I had so many lines in mind I wanted to try but that all went to hell in the first 3mins Hahahaha...

JayBear

Monkey
DAM... That brings back some sharp memories of a little run in with a drainage ditch I had at Plattkill a couple years back..Couple broken metacarpials and wrist. Jammed the gimp hand in my waist band and rode down( not very far) to medical attention(cooler of beer)In the lot... Seven hours later they had to set all the bones, while I was awake and being held down. :thumb:
I still dont have medical insurance.