Quantcast

Go-Ride Crowns for 888

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
When setting up the Go-Ride crowns, do you just set the lower crown to the min line or did you go a little bit more below it. A few guys have been running the crowns down to the line next to the min sign rather than the big line above the min. I really dont care about 2-3mm. They are trying to tell me that they took the caps off and compressed the fork and you can lower the crown to the little line next to the min. Whats up? Im leaving mine but I just cant wait till I can tell them I told you so.:D

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
the "min" line marks the start of a taper usually, whether it's internal or external, going below it is a very bad idea usually.

go-ride.com

Monkey
Oct 23, 2001
Salt Lake City, UT
I'm not sure about the 888 legs being tapered. They may be, but I haven't taken the time to look through a leg to check. If they are tapered I would expect the taper to start a lot lower than just below the crown.

The 888 legs are externally butted between the crowns, but this would only effect how high you could run the lower crown, and how low you could run the upper crown.

However, if you run your lower crown more than 3 mm below the min. line the crown will hit the seals before the fork bottoms. To my knowledge that's the reason for the min. line.

The Go-ride crowns are designed that no matter how low you run them (ie: below the min line) the crown will hit the seals before it hits the brake arch. This is the same as the stock crowns. Of course, we don't recommend running the crowns below the min. line. If you bottomed hard enough you could damage the seals or even compress the seals enough to cause the crown to hit the arch.