Quantcast

"go to unread post" all screwy

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
lately the "go to unread post" feature, either directly from the thread itself or via the arrow icons on the "view new posts" list, has been leading to old posts rather than unread. what is especially odd is that a given search will yield proper unread posts, but subsequent searches will revert to older posts being flagged as the unread point in a thread.

example:

post A has 30 posts, 5 of them new since my last visit. i "view new posts" and the icon in question
takes me to the 26th post as is appropriate.

i then do "view new posts" again, a minute later, in which time a new post has been added. so now post A has 31 posts, 1 of which is new. this time, the
icon might take me to the 23rd post (or the 26th), but not to the 31st as it should.

this anomalous behavior is new. only started a few days ago. what did you break? :evil:

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Nah only happening to you toshi..... I think he's playing mind games wit ya. :eek: :nuts:

To get even I say stalk him for a bit then put him in the pit you dug in your basment.....it puts the lotion on it's skin. :thumb: :D :evil:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
hello space monkey. we need more photoshopped versions of rm-monkey pics! :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
and now my morning "view new posts" resulted in all posts that showed up not being recognized as unread. in other words, none had the arrows, just as if i had done the "view new posts", waited 30 minutes for the "new" flag or whatever to time out and refreshed the page. something is screwy, RM!