Quantcast

Go to whistler or get a blk mrkt riot(maybe mob)

iron1

Chimp
Mar 13, 2007
Ok so once again my mom has to bargain with me:disgust: I have been asking for a blk mrkt riot or maybe mob for a little while now. I said I would pay her back and everything but she said no.:huh:She signed me up for the camp of champions for 8 days in June/July and I went last year and had a blast. But she bargained with me and said its either whistker for 8 days or the blk mrkt riot or mob probly with a pike, juicy 5's... So I was going to ask for your opinion on which you would choose. I only have a heavy dh bike and a giant yukon and none really work for urban or dj so would you go to whistler for 8 days or get a blk mrkt mob or riot? Your opinion counts.

iron1

Chimp
Mar 13, 2007
I have a demo 9 but I would rent becase it is less hassle and sorry for the pinkbike thread but I don't use pinkbike and I need opinions.

I always make a point to hit up whistler regardless of the cost, being able to hit up a camp at the same time would make it even better. The question is, do you miss out on a lot of riding because you dont have a hard tail? Maybe negotiate for the whistler trip and a BMX bike for dirt jumping/urban if thats what youd use it for...just my $.02

iron1

Chimp
Mar 13, 2007
One more question. Are there any other nice "exotic" dj frames out there. MAybe Nemesis Project or something else. I'm looking for a rather uncommen frame at about $600 or less.

iron1

Chimp
Mar 13, 2007
I can't get a job because Im in a spanish speaking country and I dont speak much soanish and also Im a little young

iron1

Chimp
Mar 13, 2007
No, actually Im paying for it. I do jobs around the house and part of it would be my birthday present.

iron1

Chimp
Mar 13, 2007
ya I already thank them. Im going to get the most out of being jobless and not having to ppay for foodd and rent and all that other good stuff.

Good to see gratitude from a youngin, I live in Boulder where all of the little grommits think they deserve this and that. They think by just being Jr ex they deserve free frames, tires and builds. Most local fast pros dont even get that, but I dont hear them complaining about it. Just shows you that when you work for things, when you get free stuff you appreciate it much more than if its handed to you

iron1

Chimp
Mar 13, 2007
Ya, every time they buy me something or take me somewhere special I always say thankyou so much. It feels good though to say thanks.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Honestly, trips are cool, I'm all for that, but also think of all the cool stuff you could do with a new DJ bike, everything you currently ride would be different. Its your call, but honestly I would think about the fact that everyday you could wake up and see a dope BLK MRKT. You got a long time to take trips and what not.

iron1

Chimp
Mar 13, 2007
very true I'll have the bike forever but Ill only have the trip for 8 days plus I went last year and I can go again next year.

iron1

Chimp
Mar 13, 2007
Im leaning towards just getting the bike. It sucks though that I probably have to get it in march which is right after our 2 month summer break ends(im in the southern hemisphere) Oh well Whistler wouldn't be until june or july anyway

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
i'm kind of in the same position. for my birthday and christmas combined, my dad is saying he'll either pay for most of a new fork that is sub $900 or pay for a good amount of a summer gravity camps session next year. i got the same deal last year, an sgc session, except for the fact it was a surprise. anyways, having gone up, i basically told him that although a fork would be a huge upgrade at this point, whistler was one of the best experiences of my life. despite riding the kona rentals because of my stupidity in not bringing up my own bike, i have never had so much fun in my entire life. if you have never been to whistler, i'd say go for it no question, it's incredible and the camp will no doubt make you a much better rider. the only bummer is, having come home from the camp, the trails in the local park really aren't a challenge any more. a super nice dj bike would be sweet, and depending on the riding you have near you, it could be a really good decision to get one. it's a hard choice for sure, but i'd say whistler is the way to go, there's always the opportunity to get a dj bike and you may have a great deal come around so that you can afford one later, but that's not going to happen with going to whistler.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
get a job, do both
I agree...my parents used to help me out with my bike stuff, but they stopped as soon as I got a job, and I thank them for that, because I realize how spoiled I really was...now I get stuff for Christmas, but otherwise I'm on my own. Loans are all I get, and let me tell you, its sweet knowing I paid every cent of my atomlab.

Now I'm saving up for a new full squish.

Get a job, do what you want.