Quantcast

gobble gobble day

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
wilko johnsonson has passed.....give god a whack on the head with the guitar at judgement

speed never sounded so good...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Just arrived in Sedona, got the truck unloaded and unpacked, and now we’re heading to bed. Gonna be a good few days of riding and eating and drinking. Maybe I’ll post pictures.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
First time since we moved to Denmark we will celebrate Thanksgiving. It was a highlight in the US well except for the horrible traffic on the day. I did enjoy when I could ride my bike before so I had more room for the turkey so I will actually go to the gym today and do some spinning before we feast.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
What's up, my little turkeys!! We're supposed to host dinner today for my freeloading family but wife has come down with a cold. I may have to deliver all of that food to my family instead. Cooked, of course. No way my mom will want to come if my wife is sick. Mom is super cautious about that stuff.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Update: Wife tested positive for the covid! Ironic since she's the one who wears the mask through the airport, on the flight, on the shuttles, and in crowds, and I've more of the roll-the-dice kind of guy.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
I like Thanksgiving cause four day weekend.

Every U.S. holiday should be planned like that.

Three hour drive about to start.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Update: Wife tested positive for the covid! Ironic since she's the one who wears the mask through the airport, on the flight, on the shuttles, and in crowds, and I've more of the roll-the-dice kind of guy.
That sucks, hopefully not too sick.

On the upside, at least now you get to keep all that pie to yourself. :brows:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Early solo turkey pre-burner ride ridden. Freezing temps and frost == leaves, roots and rocks were extra spicy this morning. Shitloads of people with unruly dogs out there. They think it's OK if they just leave their dogs' shit hidden in leaves, I came home with the bike literally covered in dog shit. WTF assholes, clean up your own mess!! :butcher:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Decided to host this year, so T-minus 3 hours until everyone arrives. Guess I better finish seasoning, buttering, and spatchcocking the turkey so it'll be ready for the smoker.

FYI, grinding concrete suuuuuuuuucks. That and judging by the amount of white I saw in my nostrils, I need a new/better fitting respirator.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
don't know whether to ride this evening. it will be dark. it will be above freezing so the ground will be a peanut buttery mess. but it will still be cold. the riders in my crew who are confirmed for tonight are the hammerheads who don't like to wait so I know I will suffer.

I know I will ride anyways, because my mental health requires it, but I'm just not feeling it at the moment.

don't know whether to ride this evening. it will be dark. it will be above freezing so the ground will be a peanut buttery mess. but it will still be cold. the riders in my crew who are confirmed for tonight are the hammerheads who don't like to wait so I know I will suffer.

I know I will ride anyways, because my mental health requires it, but I'm just not feeling it at the moment.
I don't even try to keep up with hammerheads. By about thirty miles they all seem to have fallen over anyway.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Coffee. Seriously getting tired of Holidays; packing up the family, driving across the valley floor, ton of prep work and stress all so we can sit around a table, eat too much and throw passive-aggressive comments around? FTS.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Coffee. Seriously getting tired of Holidays; packing up the family, driving across the valley floor, ton of prep work and stress all so we can sit around a table, eat too much and throw passive-aggressive comments around? FTS.
Look on the bright side, you’re not at work. Also, the alcohol may reduce your “filter” making things extra spicy.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Look on the bright side, you’re not at work. Also, the alcohol may reduce your “filter” making things extra spicy.
This is why as much as I hate hosting, I prefer it to traveling to attend thanksgiving. I’m always the DD, but if the dinner is at my house, no DD required. Plus my family buys shit booze, and I have a bar full of non Trader Joe’s brand hooch

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
dropped a nice thicc bavette in the oven

BIL will have turkey at their place later but I plan to eat well beforehand and maybe just eat some stuffing and pie there :D

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Another annual reminder that I have not built a family.
Is overrated.
Yesterday a neighbor tried to invite wife and I over when they learned we weren't doing anything today. Like the great wife she is, she declined :D
My good riding buddy invites us, too (his wife is our Czech friend). Wifey consistently rejects any social interactions on Thanksgiving, just like yours. :D