Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Gay Bashing?

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
O.K. When the Tsunami hit, Jerry Falwell, Tom Delay and others (Pat Robertson?) said God caused the Tsunami to punish people in the Indian Ocean, Never mind that a lot of the killed people were Christians.

Tom and Jerry seem to have gotten a Busy signal at the cosmic switcboard. So let's vote, What is God Punishing the South for?

Voting for George Bush? Racism? Lynard Skynard? Mullets? Gay Bashing

No, I don't really believe any of these. :D

Jerry Falwell Exploits the Tsunami
4 comments | 6:01pm | Mike Schafer

Jerry Falwell and his Liberty University buddies are using this tsunami as a great way to exploit the native peoples of India, Sri Lanka, Thailand, and Indonesia. Along with the 80 tons of food they will be distributing to the tsunami victims they “will be presenting the Gospel to tens of thousands of persons through distribution of Gospel tracts written in the native languages of the area.” (1/12/05 Falwell.com Newsletter)

I commend Jerry for doing his part to help out, but how would he feel if after 9/11, Muslim or Jewish aid workers gave out verses from their holy books. It’s disrespectful and it’s a waste of money.

Here’s a better idea - give your money to the East Timor Action Network. This relief group is helping out Aceh, one of the places ignored by the Indonesian government. There has also been a U.S. backed genocide of the Aceh people by the Indonesian government, some sources say that as many as 250,000 have been murdered by the Indonesian military. Aceh is also one of the poorest regions hit by the tsunami, with a massive loss of lives. ETAN has been endorsed by Amnesty International and Noam Chomsky, so it’s reliable. And no money is wasted on Gospel tracts.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
He was aiming at Texas, but he wasn't paying much attention, and chaotic weather systems are hard to control even for Allah.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I blame the morons who decided to build a city surrounded by water in a big hole, as it has been pointed out to me that was the French.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I should point out that

1. New Orleans voted for Kerry (but the rest of the state voted Bush).
2. Skynard is from Florida.
3. Southern Decadence, a large gay event, is scheduled in New Orleans every labor day weekend.
4. When did the South have the monopoly on mullets?
5. Racism in New Orleans? Next question...

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
it wasn't a question of if, but when.

like westy said, its an f'ing hole in the ground for christsakes!

but i'd have to vote for the mullet :shudder:

i mean seriously WHAT are people thinking when they walk out of the house with one of those things?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
sanjuro said:
I should point out that

1. New Orleans voted for Kerry (but the rest of the state voted Bush).
2. Skynard is from Florida.
3. Southern Decadence, a large gay event, is scheduled in New Orleans every labor day weekend.
4. When did the South have the monopoly on mullets?
5. Racism in New Orleans? Next question...
HA! :D

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
ridetoofast said:
i mean seriously WHAT are people thinking when they walk out of the house with one of those things?
probably something along the lines of:

"i'm gonna git in my pickup truck with the NASCAR stickers all over it, and git me some bud for my fishin' trip. roscoe, ya ready?".

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
I dont believe in any god, but if there was one he would totally do it because of the mullet.