Quantcast

God is mocking me and my sportworks Rack

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
So, after all the hitch talk, and finding out I can't do anything about it, I mounted up the rack, and went to put on my Rocky Mountain RMX.

THE FRIKKIN BIKE IS TOO LONG TO FIT!

how is this possible? Maybe I'm just not supposed to use this rack?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
You can adjust the wheel hoop position. Maybe this will help (ps I have put a Yeti DH and a VP-Free in my base model Sportworks).

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
my canfield fits on my sportworks, both hitch and roof. something's wrong, as my bike is plenty long...

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
sanjuro said:
You can adjust the wheel hoop position. Maybe this will help (ps I have put a Yeti DH and a VP-Free in my base model Sportworks).

The wheel hoop?

If you are talking about the thing that locks down the back wheel, then that is alllllllllllll the way at the end of the rack. What needs to happen, is either the front wheel holder needs to go foreward, or the rack needs to be extended backwards

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
BigMike said:
The wheel hoop?

If you are talking about the thing that locks down the back wheel, then that is alllllllllllll the way at the end of the rack. What needs to happen, is either the front wheel holder needs to go foreward, or the rack needs to be extended backwards
The wheel hoop is where the front wheel goes. See how they put the front wheel hoop as far forward as possible?

J

JRB

Post a pic of your rack the way it is adjusted, Mike. We can tell by looking if it can move any more.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
I dont' remember off the top of my head but can those wheel holders be moved to a forward most position?

my vpfree fits with a 8" 888 and 7" 66 on there, wheelbase is pretty long; not real long but pretty long....

Incubus

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
Boston, MA
I did the same thing when I put my T2 together. Your front wheel tray is likely facing the wrong direction. Flip it around so the the front wheel hangs over the side of the rack while the cradle thing sits under the frame/ BEHIND the front wheel.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Incubus said:
I did the same thing when I put my T2 together. Your front wheel tray is likely facing the wrong direction. Flip it around so the the front wheel hangs over the side of the rack while the cradle thing sits under the frame/ BEHIND the front wheel.

HAHAHAHA!!! I'M AN IDIOT!