Quantcast

Goddam ouch.

I left work at 3 PM today to ride at Camp J. There are a bunch of log piles way in and I was humping over one of them and bobbled, landing full force, bike on top of me, with my left thigh smack across a log lying on the ground beside the pile.

I didn't break anything, but I have a very sore left leg and am walking with a pronounced limp.

Good ride anyway.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
johnbryanpeters said:
I was humping over one of them
:think:
Splinters?

Hey, at least you're out riding. My legs were a bit too fatigued today, and I was up late last night finishing up papers and studying for finals. No ride for me today. Hopefully tomorrow tho.

Roughly, screwing up, where just a little misstep gets you in trouble. This was me losing it on a balance move.

bob·ble (bbl)
v. bob·bled, bob·bling, bob·bles
v.intr.
To bob up and down.
v.tr.
To lose one's grip on (a ball, for example) momentarily.
n.
A mistake or blunder.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
D'oh! Don't hurt yourself so early in the season. I too crashed over a good sized log yesterday. Landed on the small of my back over it. :rolleyes: Light bruising, full mobility, but damn it hurt!

Miss Manners reminds the noble Skookum that JBP's normal verbal discourse is somewhat akin to the proverbial sailor in a drunken barroom brawl...

Saturday physical therapy: disassemble a spring-tooth harrow half buried and entangled in brush roots. Carry it piece by piece up to the junk pile by the road. Bicycle into town for lunch, visit with friends along the way.

Today's physical therapy: Trail work from 8:30 to noon, including getting whacked in the head by a 4" log when clearing a windfall tangle. Ride from 12:30 until 3:15. I'm tired and sunburned and covered with black fly punctures. Yet another good day.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Becareful father time.

And I mean that with the utmost respect.

stevew said:
Becareful father time.

And I mean that with the utmost respect.
Thanks. I have gotten bitten twice by a chainsaw over thirty years or so and pay a lot of attention to what I'm doing - I still have no idea what I did wrong this morning - I utterly misjudged pressure on the tangle I was cutting - something unloaded and I got swatted.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
johnbryanpeters said:
Miss Manners reminds the noble Skookum that JBP's normal verbal discourse is somewhat akin to the proverbial sailor in a drunken barroom brawl...
Yah i swear alot at work, so much so i get burnt out on it. Kind of like how office types have to adjust their speak when they get into the office it's the total opposite for me.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
The day after reading this thread, I pulled this same type of crash over a log. As I attempted to hop off, my left foot wouldnt unclip from my new pedals, and I torqued my knee completely sideways as I fell over. Nice.