Quantcast

goggles... scott NsXi, oakley Oframe MX, or oakley crowbar

xemini

Monkey
Nov 4, 2004
hey, just wondering some opinions.. I just sold my scott no sweat Xi goggles that I had for about 3 years, really liked them. I am thinking about getting another pair or maybe trying oakley o-frame mx or oakley crowbar. The oakley O-frames are about 20$ less and the scott and crowbar are around the same.

So anyone thats tried these goggles have any opinions? should I stick with scott nosweat which I really liked or try oakley?

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Crowbars rock.......mine are going on their 3rd year. Lenses are cheap $12 cdn.
I just got a new set of Oakley Proven MX's and they are nice too.....slightly smaller then the Crowbars but very nice and a little cheaper.

cupophil

Chimp
Oct 24, 2010
In the middle
Just picked up a couple of pairs of Dragon Vendettas which are similar to Crowbars. My buddy is a rep forn them and gave me a promo code for 65% off. Would you like it?

ekimox

Monkey
Jun 17, 2009
I bought the O Frames after wearing the Scott XI's for years. I'd go with the Crowbars. The O Frame's are nice but fit really small around my eyes on my moto helmet.

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
I have a pair of o frame MXs ready for this season of riding. All I can say about them is that they seem to be much higher quality than the Sette goggles I had last season, haha.

I'm also curious about how you were able to sell a pair of goggles that had been used for 3 years. That sounds fairly disgusting for whoever bought them.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Isn't it really more about which ones fit best? For me, the Oakley ones sit too low on my nose, and restrict my breathing. FWIW I have Blur's...

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
I have a pair of Oakley O-frames that I have about 3 seasons on that I really like but they are getting a bit tired. I have Crowbars with snow lenses in them right now that will probably get retired to bike duty (and get some moto lenses instead) and I'll pick up a fresh set of goggles for snow season next year. I've been pretty happy with the most of the Oakleys I've had so far.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
long time crowbar fan here...they almost never fog, dropped them somewhere at whistler last year and had to grab a new pair of goggles...

Went with the POC's and I love them, they are larger and fit my face great i'd put them in the list.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
Any goggles that ventilate better than others? Been using Crowbars for a couple of seasons and they're great, but it feels like they completely insulate my face from any kind of breeze on hot days.

nowlan

Monkey
Jul 30, 2008
All preference in cosmetics IMO. A lens is a lens ins a lens. Might wanna check out fitment into your helmet though, my regular O frames fit like crap in my D3 and the MX O frames are good. Probably similar issues with other mix and matches, but really when it comes down to it, you see pros wearing Von Zippers and im pretty sure Oakley have been making lenses a bit longer then them.

davec113

Monkey
May 24, 2009
Been using Smith Intake.... great lenses. Replacements are $7 (the gold-lite lens is awesome) but some fancy ones like sensor-mirror go up to $25. They ventilate pretty well and have a little tab you can lift or close to control airflow on top of the goggle.

Also, if you don't use tearoffs, you can grab a pair of pliers and remove the tearoff posts, which will leave 3 small holes on the edges of the goggle lens. I have also used a drill to make a few more very small holes around the lens edge, this helps a lot with ventilation and clearing fog and I have had no issues with dirt getting in, although I don't ride in super-dusty conditions very often.