Quantcast

Goggles with prescription glasses?

rgunn26

Chimp
Jun 12, 2011
Anyone have good luck with any certain OTG goggle? I like the Rockgardn Jag but, its not an actual OTG goggle. Anyone try these with RX glasses?

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
Contacts.... Tried OTG's and always had fog issues. I still prefer glasses when not riding but contacts all the way when riding. Get single use, seems most practical when you're only using them for riding.

wfoerk

Chimp
Jan 6, 2010
Anyone have good luck with any certain OTG goggle? I like the Rockgardn Jag but, its not an actual OTG goggle. Anyone try these with RX glasses?
If you live where there's any kind of humidity and fogging issues, OTB goggles won't cut it; I know from experience. I got a pair of Pro-Vue prescription goggles and I couldn't be happier.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
i tried glasses, contacts, clip ons for glasses, etc, etc....
best solution (and most cost effective in the long run) is lasik.

best money ive ever spent

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
If you can get fast riding some super scratched up glasses under some super scratched up goggle lenses, you'll be faster than hell once you put in some contacts with new goggle lenses. Just take a few years before you make that change to make the effect more pronounced. Just guess how I know.

GiantRider

Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Nor. Ca. Santa Cruz ,Mang
I tried the Rx goggles as did my wife and a buddy of mine. We all had trouble with them making us cross eyed and it threw off our depth perception. We talked to the owner and were told to wear them around the house and watch TV etc. and to just give them time for our eyes to adjust, we did that and it did not seem to help. I would just get contacts if I wear you , thats the route Im going next since trying to cram my glasses under my goggles does not work.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I've worn contacts since 10th grade, so 20+ years and my eye has developed a reaction to them just this summer so adverse I can only sneak them for a few hours at a time and then leave them out for a week it seems to let the flare up calm down.

I don't ever want to ride in glasses again, no matter what format they're laid up in. Sux!!! :banghead:

Turning 40 on the 20th and contemplating lasik scares me about as much as Lady Gaga.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I've worn contacts since 10th grade, so 20+ years and my eye has developed a reaction to them just this summer so adverse I can only sneak them for a few hours at a time and then leave them out for a week it seems to let the flare up calm down.

I don't ever want to ride in glasses again, no matter what format they're laid up in. Sux!!! :banghead:

Turning 40 on the 20th and contemplating lasik scares me about as much as Lady Gaga.
I had almost the same problem. After years of using my contacts on a daily basis, they just started to bug me all the time. I eventually noticed that the time that they felt 'ok' was decreasing pretty much everyday. So I just to hell with that and got some awesome Oakley prescription glasses.

I've been wearing the glasses for almost a year straight and have used contacts a few times now with no issues.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I tried the Rx goggles as did my wife and a buddy of mine. We all had trouble with them making us cross eyed and it threw off our depth perception. We talked to the owner and were told to wear them around the house and watch TV etc. and to just give them time for our eyes to adjust, we did that and it did not seem to help. I would just get contacts if I wear you , thats the route Im going next since trying to cram my glasses under my goggles does not work.
Yeah, they're definitely not EXACTLY the same as the glasses I wear to work, but I adapt after a couple hundred feet down the trail. I just kind of expected them to not be great, and they were way better than expected....

Contacts and me don't agree. I definitely intend to do lasik eventually, but I need to wait for my Rx to stabilize...

Rocko

Chimp
Jan 11, 2009
ess profile with rx insert: http://goo.gl/xnCWl
I've been using for 2 years. When you making lense be sure to get all of the protective and anti-fog layers.

Last edited:

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru

lasik is a piece of cake.
takes like 15 minutes.

just find a doc with many operations under his belt, and get the scalpel-free version.

Last edited: