Quantcast

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Well that was different.

We got a chip detector warning today. And the rule for that? Land as soon as possible.

But based on other indications, it was decided to land at an airfield about 10 miles away from our position at the time.....about 20 mins (flying) from "home". So we did. Had to call the mechanics to come rescue. Rather inconvenient. And cold waiting for our ride home.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Well that was different.

We got a chip detector warning today. And the rule for that? Land as soon as possible.

But based on other indications, it was decided to land at an airfield about 10 miles away from our position at the time.....about 20 mins (flying) from "home". So we did. Had to call the mechanics to come rescue. Rather inconvenient. And cold waiting for our ride home.
Pfft.... Little extra metal in the oil never hurt any one. pvssy.

Other indications=high ITT low and low oil pressure? :panic:

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Pfft.... Little extra metal in the oil never hurt any one. pvssy.

Other indications=high ITT low and low oil pressure? :panic:
That's why we didn't land in the farmer's field. Oil pressure was all good etc.

But when they pulled the chip detector, there was more than just fuzz. But they cleaned it, did their 20 min ground run and it seems ok. So aircraft will be flown back to YYC early tomorrow morning. Meanwhile, we'll be continuing our test in a Long Ranger (which was always the plan). Then after lunch, back in the 407.....we think.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Big day on Tuesday. I'm running my first flight test all on my own. My boss (who usually either runs the test, or at least tags along to make sure I don't eff it up), has deemed me worthy to do one all on my own. I'm a big boy now.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Big day on Tuesday. I'm running my first flight test all on my own. My boss (who usually either runs the test, or at least tags along to make sure I don't eff it up), has deemed me worthy to do one all on my own. I'm a big boy now.
Kind of counting your chickens before your eggs hatch aren't you now?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
my brother told me one of these was being used to move the AC units onto a target that is being built.....