Quantcast

going away parties

bigginsis

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
standing at the edge of reason
So I got fired last week and resigned on Monday of this week. Today my bossman asked me if I would attend a going-away party in my honor. I looked at him like he was crazy. What is wrong with these people? I get stabbed in the back and betrayed by my colleagues and they want to buy me a cake from Sam's and make me sit there and make nice with all those jerks? :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Definitely make it out to be a big deal, act like you really appreciate so everyone gets you a card and maybe even some gifts.

Then don't show up.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Put on your sweetest smile and say, "Sure, I'd love if you'd all throw me a party! That'd just be the greatest!"

Then just come in, take the cake, and leave.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
LOL! Gotta love the irony....sorry to hear about the job, but it sounds like you'll find something much more enjoyable.

I would ifnd out if the party has a lot of free booze and then crash it with a bunch of friends if it does :D

bigginsis

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
TreeSaw said:
LOL! Gotta love the irony....sorry to hear about the job, but it sounds like you'll find something much more enjoyable.

I would ifnd out if the party has a lot of free booze and then crash it with a bunch of friends if it does :D
excellent suggestions from everyone!

the going away parties here are DULL and really weird because none of us actually like each other so it just winds up being a bunch of tense people standing around eating cake and pretending to care. no thanks.

bigginsis

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
Cooter Brown said:
show up drunker than a waltzin piss ant and make a total ass of yourself, just be sure to have someone running camera so you can laugh at it at a later time when you can remember
ok so the plan is bring a bunch of friends, be drunk and naked and videotape the whole thing?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
They had a going away party for me at my first job. It was lame'o, standing in a circle around a cake and not having anything to talk about.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
bigginsis said:
ok so the plan is bring a bunch of friends, be drunk and naked and videotape the whole thing?
Yes, yes... and did you hear, the going away party is at my house. :D

Stosh, where did you find that pic of Loco?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ciaran said:
Yes, yes... and did you hear, the going away party is at my house. :D

Stosh, where did you find that pic of Loco?
Actually I googled "Loco from Ridemonkey recent pictures"

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
I have a better idea.... say yes.. make it for the last day your gonna be there. Tell everyone to come.. because you want to say goodbye. when they are all in the conference room .. go to the bosses office and take a dump on his/her desk :blah:

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
stosh said:
They had a going away party for me at my first job. It was lame'o, standing in a circle around a cake and not having anything to talk about.
That's why for office parties, I think they should bring back those big fake cakes a naked chick would pop out of...like the one in "Under Siege".

antm

Chimp
Jul 15, 2004
miami, fl
maybe i should bake them a batch of my special ex-lax brownies!

ahhh, yes. But that would only be step #1. Step #2 involves saran wrap :) .

lift toilet seat, place saran wrap around bowl of toilet, not too tight to where it's felt when seated, lower seat, and proceed to next toilet till all are done.

step #4 hide all toilet paper

step #5 ... evacuate the premises. your coworkers will be in for a messy surprise.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Didn't you say you are still working for the university? Isn't that like working for Chevy, then getting a job with Cadillac?