Quantcast

going full circle -- 28 years later, back on the bmx track...

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
28 years later, back on the bmx track........... stoked on 1st place 2nd moto and 3rd in the mains, 30-35 cruiser open. this photo was battling for 3rd in the 1st moto. got a half-bike length ahead of this dude right at the finish. good times! (on the left with the Union Street stickered ProTec and blackmarket MOB).

any of the rest of yall returned to racing or started late as a newb?

Last edited:

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
I started coaching the little guys for the BMX club around here. It is so fun. The best is when I speed manual a double and a ten year old skys right next to me with his wheels above my head or the other way around. BMX tracks are fun! My wife started coming out as well and is getting tranny on some of the bigger tables. Here is a shot of one of the older kids giving a mountain bike a go with my wife in the background.

I don't have any racing pictures. I'll have to ask one of the moms.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i got back into it (never was very good as a kid) last year with my son so we could cross train for mtb stuff. we've had so much fun with it (even though i'm out until january from breaking my wrist at the last race of the season )
there's a pretty large mountain bike contingency at our local track making it more competitive and fun. :thumb:

full moto's in the cruiser class

even my fat butt wins once in a while

and the boy is kicking butt too in the 8 rookie

cornfed

Monkey
Jul 30, 2007
Hey that looks like Tanglewood. It appears the berm jump is gone? Is the prosection still there?

sealclubber

Monkey
Nov 21, 2007
fixin to build a 24" racer next summer. might just buy a complete but either way i def wanna get into racing.

PiercerMan

Chimp
Apr 27, 2008
BMXmuseum.com
I'm going to try racing this next year as well but first I have to find a crankset I like first. I pulled off the sinz.

Here is my beast:

2007 Redman Tomahawk