Quantcast

Going Insane.

chance199

Monkey
May 23, 2009
Port Orchard, WA
Today riding around on my Stinky something started squeaking on my bike when i as riding around. its driving me INSANE . For the life of me i cant figure it out! :drool:

it sounds like its coming from under me? haha

Last edited:

zebrahum

Monkey
Jun 22, 2005
SL,UT
Tighten every pivot, if that doesn't help then try having someone help you pinpoint where the sound is coming from by listening closely to all the moving parts.

It could be anything from the coil meeting the stops to your seatpost clamp having grime in it.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Onto what zebrahum said, check to make sure your pedals are tight and lubed. Check those chainring bolts too! Make sure they are tight!

Karve

Chimp
Aug 28, 2008
Whenever Ive had that its due to a cable rubbing and the houseing compressing... easiest way is to get someone to try and pinpoint it as you sit on the bike and bounce... if it only happens when you pedal then you know is the drivetrain.

Dec 28, 2009
Use a pressure washer to clean every inch of your bike. The higher the pressure the better. Be sure to get at your suspension pivots and bearing seals real good. That ought to do the trick.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Use a pressure washer to clean every inch of your bike. The higher the pressure the better. Be sure to get at your suspension pivots and bearing seals real good. That ought to do the trick.
I really hope you are being sarcastic, because that is a TERRIBLE idea. High pressure puts water into places you don't want it (inside your frame, bearings, pivots), and well cause pre-mature wear and corrosion.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
I really hope you are being sarcastic, because that is a TERRIBLE idea. High pressure puts water into places you don't want it (inside your frame, bearings, pivots), and well cause pre-mature wear and corrosion.
I think he was being sarcastic.

Sonic Reducer

Monkey
Mar 19, 2006
seattle worshington
just head down to the beach and do some cutty's and wheelies in the surf, more fun that way and the sand gives extra scrubbing power on that tough grime. :D

as far as finding squeaks pay attention to what you are doing on the bike as the squeak is happening. isolate what system on the bike it is coming from and narrow it down from there. always go over all the bolts on the bike every ride or every couple of rides. chances are you are not doing enough general maintenance, start taking your bike apart and cleaning/greasing/lubing it more often. when combined with some beers and loud music, it will become fun instead of a chore. :thumb:

Last edited: