Quantcast

Going rigid?

inkdwheels

Chimp
Jan 27, 2004
Bay Area
IM seriously considering getting a dmr trailblade 2. I know the whole "just get a bmx" argument, but I don't want one.I've done the bmx thing and the rigid single speed xc thing. I like the feeling of control I get from riding rigid. Right now I have a z1 lowered to 80mm and it feels good when I hop off of something, but I get sketched out when I hop onto something, especially something narrow.

Anyone ever ridden it?
DOes anyone have the weight for the dmr fork? OR know where I can order one in the US?

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
Hmmm, I know that www.go-ride.com sells dmr frames, they can probably get you the fork. www.unrealcycles.com used to sell them, but he is going out of business, and selling his inventory. You may want to call him and see if he still has any.....otherwise BTI is the US distributor for dmr, so most shops should be able to order you one.

swerve76

Monkey
Aug 30, 2003
nevada
Try universalcycles.com, bikeparts.com or your lbs. I am thinking about getting the same fork for my bike. I cant find the weight anywhere.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
swerve76 said:
Try universalcycles.com, bikeparts.com or your lbs. I am thinking about getting the same fork for my bike. I cant find the weight anywhere.
"Fairly Light" Actually I happen to have the pertinent issue of Dirt to hand - They weigh 1665g - 3.67lbs with the clamp-thru axleand IS disk mount. Dirt called them "the strongest possible forks that could ever grace the front end of a bike".

inkdwheels

Chimp
Jan 27, 2004
Bay Area
Sweet, Looks like i won't have to buy them online. I heard the same weight around 1.7kg. Lighter than my Z1 by far. Thanks for the help.