Quantcast

Going to be a scorcher!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm wearing a sweatshirt because the fat ass I have to share an office with gets heat stroke above 68 degrees.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
'Posed to reach an actual temp of 104 today. Current humidity is 62%. I went for a jog at 8pm last night and the temp was still 99. That sucked.

ChuMaiWang

Chimp
Jun 30, 2006
moff_quigley said:
I went for a jog at 8pm last night and the temp was still 99. That sucked.
It is sad when I have to use the AC in my car on the way to work at 4:30 in the morning.
I really gotta get out of this state.

:nopity:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
On the news last night they listed today's heat and humidity as "oppressive." That made me think of Echo.

99 degrees today with heat index of 113. Good thing tomorrow won't be quite as cold.

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
I think it's funny how everyone elsewhere in N. America is dying of the heat while I'm parked here in Phoenix, Arizona where it won't get above 98F the entire week. :thumb:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Last night was a great night to be out on the bike. I took the Karate Monkey out for a mixed ride of pavement and dirt and rocks and had a blast. I saw two HUGE Herons taking flight from a nearby small pond, I saw three rabbits, and I saw one smushed painted turtle too (poor turtle).

I did however lose the minipump out of the back of my jersey pocket. :mumble:

Oh well, all in all it was a great night to be riding. But I can't say that'll be the case for tonight, tomorrow night or even Thursday night.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Westy said:
I'm wearing a sweatshirt because the fat ass I have to share an office with gets heat stroke above 68 degrees.
there should be a law outlawing fat people. if you are offended by this, have another donut.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
jonKranked said:
there should be a law outlawing fat people. if you are offended by this, have another donut.

I know I'm repeating myself but it is such a good idea it needs to be spread. We can kill two birds with one stone, fat people and oil prices. Have liposuction/rendering facilites. Fill your tank with your fat ass.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Westy said:
I know I'm repeating myself but it is such a good idea it needs to be spread. We can kill two birds with one stone, fat people and oil prices. Have liposuction/rendering facilites. Fill your tank with your fat ass.

tonight, we make soap.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Ridemonkey said:
97 degrees 50% humidity "feels like" 118 degrees.

I love you A/C!
How do you guys deal with the heat? Ya'll got A/C? How about in your cars?
North Dakotaians must be melting. I feel for you cold climate peep's. When people move from the north down here it takes them a few summers to acclimatize.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
The Toninator said:
How do you guys deal with the heat? Ya'll got A/C? How about in your cars?
North Dakotaians must be melting. I feel for you cold climate peep's. When people move from the north down here it takes them a few summers to acclimatize.
This isn't entirely atypical, so we're pretty used to it. Today is definitely exceptional, but the summers here are routinely in the high 90's.

A/C is the only way to go. The main reason is the humidity. On the "cooler" days the humidity gets way way up, and the A/C dries out the air nicely.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Ridemonkey said:
This isn't entirely atypical, so we're pretty used to it. Today is definitely exceptional, but the summers here are routinely in the high 90's.

A/C is the only way to go. The main reason is the humidity. On the "cooler" days the humidity gets way way up, and the A/C dries out the air nicely.
50% humidity isnt too bad. when both the humidity and dewpoint go over 50%, watchout!!!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Westy said:
:rofl: Now there's a quote for someone's signature!

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
88 here but with 76% humidity, Its like breathing in aerosol fumes. It was weird. I woke up breifly this morning at 6 and I heard probably the biggest strike of thunder I ever have, and it was pooring.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
DRB said:
94deg right now with 45% humidity. Heat index of 100 Dew point of 69deg whatever that means.

And it's Tuesday so it's ride day.
It's a nice 'dry' day here:

Relative Humidity: 70%
Temp: 97F