Quantcast

Going to be in the Saugerties/Millbrook area for a few days. Any riding?

Plummit

Monkey
Mar 12, 2002
Going to be in the area for work, but hoping to bring my bike. I'll have late afternoons free. Can anyone recommend any riding out that way? I'll have a car, so driving is no problem.

Thanks in advance!

schaus889

Chimp
Jul 21, 2008
NY
Some good resorts around that are definitely worth checking out if you're into downhilling, Hunter, Windham, Jiminy Peak, Plattekill. Not sure of anything for XC...however the Ferncliff Forest Preserve across the bridge near Rhinebeck is really nice, tons of trails good for biking, XC and downhill type stuff plus its free and open in the evenings, which the resorts are not.

Plummit

Monkey
Mar 12, 2002
Thanks for all the suggestions and the link to fatsinthecats. I'm lucky to be able to ride on this work trip, and psyched to ride some new (to me) trails.

:thumb:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Jockey Hill and Onteora Lake sit next to each other on Rt 28 outside of Kingston, go for it!

Also, search for Mount Beacon, it's close to Millbrook.

soul-skier

Monkey
May 18, 2009
Mother Nature
check out Shawpeneuk Reserve in Ulster Park. 3 moderate/difficult XC loops and a 2 mile DH shuttle. Also the "Buffer Zone" at Strewart/Newburgh Airport. Awsome XC singletrack. Fast, natural berms, not too much climbing, butter trails!

soul-skier

Monkey
May 18, 2009
Mother Nature
If you go to New Paltz.

Go to:

Bicycle Depot‎ -
15 Main St, New Paltz, NY‎ - (845) 255-3859‎

Stop in and see MIke. He's a fountain of info and super great guy! He'll set you up lovely!!
How do you know Mike? I went to H.S with him. Went seperate ways and 10+ years later I bump into him at a bike shop in New Paltz where he is the co-owner. Awsome! Bicycle Depot is kind enough to provide me with rider support. I'm the only DH'er on their "team." Nice group of guys.