Quantcast

Going to Park City, UT late April

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
I'm off to Park City for a wedding and I'll be there for about 3 days. Would it be worth bringing my bike? or is it still snowing?

braaaap

Chimp
Feb 27, 2007
Utard
I street (The local jump spot) is just starting to dry up...You should stop by and fly your bike. It will be really good in late april. Bountiful (About 1 hour from Park City) will also be amazing. So bring your DH bike.

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Bring your skis/board, too. I just got back from taking a bunch of guys to Alta/Snowbird, and the powder was ridiculously good. Can't wait to go back!

--JP

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
cool thread. I just got off the phone with krispy at go-ride last night to ask about SLC/Park City in July. I'm helping build a church out there for a mission trip the 18th-27th and wanted to make my first 2 days nothing but riding days in that area before I head over to Opal, Wyoming to work. He gave me a list of everything from XC to DH...but nothing I'd want to venture out solo to do I don't think.

If I've got 1 1/2 days of riding to stuff in, I want to know WHAT will make my visit most memorable? Some sort of XC shuttle called the Wasatch shuttle? Or renting a park bike for lifts ? Or trying to get a few locals to show me a piece of heaven on earth?

Anybody with a suggestion who wants to take me under their wing won't regret the comedy...and aggression.... :D

VMARTINEZ

Monkey
May 23, 2005
Lots of us will take you on a ride or 2. Call Chris Canfield he is a very good guide for utah.

braaaap

Chimp
Feb 27, 2007
Utard
I would be happy to show you some great local trails, pump tracks, jump parks and DH trails. Utah has a really great scene. There is a really great low key race scene along with some amazingly fast riders.(Vandines, Canfields, Go-ride crew, Beeson etc)
There should be a few races in July.
You may want to visit www.ride-it.net to check out the local race series and the local forumns about riding that weekend.
The crew at Brothers bikes in Heber is also a great resource for local trails and great riding.

Lollapalooza

Monkey
Jan 22, 2007
I would be happy to show you some great local trails, pump tracks, jump parks and DH trails. Utah has a really great scene. There is a really great low key race scene along with some amazingly fast riders.(Vandines, Canfields, Go-ride crew, Beeson etc)
There should be a few races in July.
You may want to visit www.ride-it.net to check out the local race series and the local forumns about riding that weekend.
The crew at Brothers bikes in Heber is also a great resource for local trails and great riding.
Don't forget Culp.

whoa? A DH race that weekend at Deer Valley? Are you serious?
I'll be in Salt Lake that week too(July 18-25). Wife and I will be in Colorado, Utah, Wyoming and Idaho all of July. I did the same as you and called the Go-Ride guys and between them and some of the responses in this forum sounds like there will be plenty of guides!!! Would be funny if the first time we ride together this summer is 1,800 miles away.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I'll be in Salt Lake that week too(July 18-25). Wife and I will be in Colorado, Utah, Wyoming and Idaho all of July. I did the same as you and called the Go-Ride guys and between them and some of the responses in this forum sounds like there will be plenty of guides!!! Would be funny if the first time we ride together this summer is 1,800 miles away.
your phone will ring shortly.