Quantcast

Going to Pisgah, need some trails!

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
I will be staying outside of Waynesville. Does anyone know of any decent XC trails in the area?

I am already planning on going to Dupont to ride the Slickrock trail, but I don't want to drive an hour each way every day.

Anyone?

BTW I am leaving tommorow morning.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Originally posted by Jesus
I will be staying outside of Waynesville. Does anyone know of any decent XC trails in the area?

I am already planning on going to Dupont to ride the Slickrock trail, but I don't want to drive an hour each way every day.

Anyone?

BTW I am leaving tommorow morning.
Hey how is the Intense working out for you with the Minute 3 on it???

YOu owe me some pics man! ;) :D

I'm diggin the Shiver SC Terry! Just got back from an urban ride with it about an hour ago........really nice!

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
Originally posted by MMcG
Hey how is the Intense working out for you with the Minute 3 on it???

YOu owe me some pics man! ;) :D

I'm diggin the Shiver SC Terry! Just got back from an urban ride with it about an hour ago........really nice!
It is the most amazing XC bike I have ever been on. I am really starting to get comfortable on it, and it's starting to rip.

I promise to take some pics this weekend. Since I rarely get to ride anymore, the camera is usually the last thing on my mind, but now I have a 3 day weekend.

Yahoo!!!!

I told you would would like the fork!:D

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Originally posted by Jesus
It is the most amazing XC bike I have ever been on. I am really starting to get comfortable on it, and it's starting to rip.

I promise to take some pics this weekend. Since I rarely get to ride anymore, the camera is usually the last thing on my mind, but now I have a 3 day weekend.

Yahoo!!!!

I told you would would like the fork!:D
Yep I like it a lot and I like the blinging red hope bulb too!

Thanks again Terry!!

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
There are a ton of awesome trails. Of stuff that is open right now, I like Avery Creek, Sycamore Cove, Horse Cove Gap (only ridden it once, probably overgrown to hell by now), but I need to ride some more stuff. We got in a routine of doing a lot of bennet gap/perry cove shuttles, but they are closed for the summer, so I need to find some more stuff. I think we might shuttle farlow gap sunday, pm me if you are in.

bradical

Monkey
Dec 9, 2003
G-Vegas SC
Originally posted by Jeremy R
I'm in. As long as my bike and body get through Saturday alright.
Come on out Jesus. We'll have church.;)
Sweeet. Too bad curious won't be able to make it. Jeremy you'd better not kill a wheel or anything! Have you ridden Farlow before? What's it like?

And sorry for putting a huge plot twist on your thread... Hope you'll be able to ride with us sunday. The slickrock trail at dupont is super fun.. you won't be disappointed.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
damn i wont be doing any shuttleing cause the big bike is out of commission. yeah i know some of these guys but don t have their numbers.im down for dupont saturday morning.

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
Biggins thank you so much for showing us the trails. We had an incredible time, and slept well because of it.

The whole area is breathtakingly beautiful. We plan on making a lot more trips this summer, as there are more trails than I could ever ride in a lifetime.

Hell, if it weren't for all the damn hippies, i'd move there!

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
Nope, I just jumped on the computer last night, and haven't been on since last Thursday. We ended up staying an extra day in Gatlinburg of all places. And we ended up getting a room with a Jacuzzi in the room for only $60!

Where are the pics at?

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
Originally posted by biggins
but you brought a hippie with ya!:D
You have no idea how much she annoys me. We tried having conversations, but everything wrong in the world is Bush's fault. Damn hippies!

Almost forgot, on Saturday we saw a bunch of hippie chicks wearing black clothes standing in the middle of the "square"?. Anyway, I rode by the first time and snapped some shots (which didn't come out.), and the second time I walked by and was saying "I LOve Bush, I LOve BUsh, he is our savior!"

Then the hippie chicks started screaming about how evil he was, blah blah blah. I couldn't hear what they were saying cause one of the hippie chicks was real cute and she was screaming in my face, and she was hopping around, and she had some fine boobies. And at any moment I knew one would pop out of her tye-dyed, cut-up shirt, but alas...no luck.

What was I saying?

boobies...

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
search for the thread using keywords "jesus and dupont" you knwo i am not a bush fan myself but i do not consider myself a hippie. lol. am i a hippie?i like hairless women that dont wear tie dye. but the boobie story was certainly hillarious.