Quantcast

Going to race DH next season

KNine

Monkey
Jul 18, 2004
North American For Life
This should be great given my skills :thumb: . But it is something i want to do. So anyways can anyone give me some insight into the WIM Begginer courses? What whould be a good first race?

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
Shameless plug... come up to the Broken Spoke if ya aren't already planning to! Good way to get your feet wet this year and prepare for next year.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
KNine said:
This should be great given my skills :thumb: . But it is something i want to do. So anyways can anyone give me some insight into the WIM Begginer courses? What whould be a good first race?
90% of all begginer courses are lame!

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
KNine said:
There aren't any good beginner courses...The Beg/Sport course at Schweitzer was a joke. I understand differing skill levels and all, but c'mon...

I raced Sport in the 3 WIM series races (2 in Spokane) and everyone races on the same course w/easy outs for the unexperienced (not exactly my idea of fair...but whatever), so I was really used to all the drops and gaps and stuff. When I got to Schweitzer, I was ready to take it up a notch...but instead it went down...Next year I'm going Expert and ponying up for the year license so I don't get screwed with too much fireroad...

If you're planning on doing a National next year (like Schweitzer) along with the WIM series and if you can handle 3-5 foot drops and some techy rock crap, you'll find that you prolly should've spent the money for the year long license. That way, you can race Beg/Sport in the WIM series with your peers and then easily step up to Expert at the National to have more fun!! You might be at the back of the pack, but at least you'll have a lot of fun. That's what I should've done, but I didn't know any better...

Hope that helps!! :cool:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Most events will let you step up once you see the course. WIM and BC Cups usually run everyone down the same course. Mt. Hood has 3 different courses for each class.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Secret Squirrel said:
Hmm....maybe next year I'll mix it up with some Hood races!! Sounds golden!
Dude, Hood rocks! :thumb: Great riders and a free keg after the race! Petr and his crew are totally cool, very laid back. Plus how could you go wrong with chair lifts?

Slider

Monkey
May 23, 2004
Moscow, ID
what to expect??? well first off fun alot of fun......uh.... funny looks from the the ultra concervative i am so serious riders...unless you are one them and in that case quit looking at me I am just drunk i can't help it!!! and lastly fun

Oh yeah one of the Ladies on West Coast Racings team got railled in the tail end at the bomber so keep an eye out for that.

one more thing really race don't jsut talk about it on line

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Slider said:
what to expect??? well first off fun alot of fun......uh.... funny looks from the the ultra concervative i am so serious riders...unless you are one them and in that case quit looking at me I am just drunk i can't help it!!! and lastly fun

Oh yeah one of the Ladies on West Coast Racings team got railled in the tail end at the bomber so keep an eye out for that.

one more thing really race don't jsut talk about it on line

We're talkin' about DH racing....I don't know where your mind is at....

j/k!! :D :D :D :D :D ;) :thumb:

Slider

Monkey
May 23, 2004
Moscow, ID
no for real they decided to start the mens sport right after womens beginer and didn't clear the course and she got smeered on the second double at the bottom as bad as it had to hurt it was funny to watch i must admit. I provided soem good entertainment at that race as well