Quantcast

Going to Seven Springs PA suggestions on a good XC/AM ride nearby?

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Going to ride seven springs saturday and sunday.

Would like to do an XC/AM ride with the girlfriend friday afternoon, suggestions?

Is there a Pennsylvania based forum I could check out?

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The best trails in the area are in Ligonier and Roaring Run just north of the resort. Speedgoat used to be in the area and we would just go there and they would hook us up with Maps. Laurel Mountain trails were excellent but since it is now Game Lands I am not sure you can just show up and ride. Chesnut Ridge to Bolivar is excellent but a guide is in order to avoid the ATV'ers and Dogs. Yinzer Bars in Latrobe are fun too....

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
The best trails in the area are in Ligonier and Roaring Run just north of the resort. Speedgoat used to be in the area and we would just go there and they would hook us up with Maps. Laurel Mountain trails were excellent but since it is now Game Lands I am not sure you can just show up and ride. Chesnut Ridge to Bolivar is excellent but a guide is in order to avoid the ATV'ers and Dogs. Yinzer Bars in Latrobe are fun too....
Really? This used to be my favorite riding mid 90s. Any more info would be appreciated.

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
Really? This used to be my favorite riding mid 90s. Any more info would be appreciated.
Laurel Mountain is still alive and well. They have added a couple of new trails in the last 5 year and have redone some others. All the classics are still there and it's still rocky. Living only 10 minutes away I'm pretty lucky.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Laurel Mountain is still alive and well. They have added a couple of new trails in the last 5 year and have redone some others. All the classics are still there and it's still rocky. Living only 10 minutes away I'm pretty lucky.

Next time I'm around I'll be sure to look you up. I rode there a lot as a teen, but have forgotten many of the trails. Last time I was there was in 2001 and I'd forgotten most of the trails... others appeared overgrown.

Remember one in particular (the old railroad grade?) that was a big rock garden, about 50-100ft long?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Next time I'm around I'll be sure to look you up. I rode there a lot as a teen, but have forgotten many of the trails. Last time I was there was in 2001 and I'd forgotten most of the trails... others appeared overgrown.

Remember one in particular (the old railroad grade?) that was a big rock garden, about 50-100ft long?
I remember in the 90s, they had maps of the trails at the main bike parking lot - never saw them much after that - do they still have them?

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Had a good time on this one, had a few struggles trying to navigate the trail a few times, lots of options and not awesomely marked, but between the rain, fog, and wind on Friday we had a good time riding around on wet slipper leaves covering up rocks.

Ended up being one of my favorite road trips of the summer.

Friday XC ride, Saturday all day bike park, sunday bike park and race, good times.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The Game Lands are adjacent to Laurel Mountain and at Roaring Run are closed but since its not really enforced everyone just wears a safety vest during the Hunting Season. My Friends live in Ligonier....