Quantcast

Going to Sugat mtn this weekend

Apr 16, 2005
Charlotte, NC
i went last weekend it was awesome. The day was sunny, dry, exept lizards lane was a bit muddy as usual.
the hikers wherent in the way but there where a few.
30min lifts = 6 runs

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
A few of us are going back up to 26west this Sunday. You sould go there and help support the Mtn that is trying to make things happen for us. Not saying Sugar is not fun, but are they really doing anything for us riders that go there. I could see if they speeded up the chair it would make since, but come on 30+ mins to get up for the one good trail they have there? I love that trail just as much as anyone, but damn if I am going up there to spend my day getting one run that is 4mins long to one 30+min Lift ride. 26West 10 mins top lift ride for 4 fun 3min runs works better for me.

Just my 2 cents, sorry for the rant. It just makes me shake my head that that place could have 5 times as many people up there every weekend if they would just speed the lift up!!!!!

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
A few of us are going back up to 26west this Sunday. You sould go there and help support the Mtn that is trying to make things happen for us. Not saying Sugar is not fun, but are they really doing anything for us riders that go there. I could see if they speeded up the chair it would make since, but come on 30+ mins to get up for the one good trail they have there? I love that trail just as much as anyone, but damn if I am going up there to spend my day getting one run that is 4mins long to one 30+min Lift ride. 26West 10 mins top lift ride for 4 fun 3min runs works better for me.

Just my 2 cents, sorry for the rant. It just makes me shake my head that that place could have 5 times as many people up there every weekend if they would just speed the lift up!!!!!

Ahh, don't sweat it Cecil, one day you too will be old and able to enjoy the scenic chair ride down the mountain. You'll be able to tell those darn downhillin kids how fast you were before they were born.
:biggrin:

...no respect, these kids...

Basher

Monkey
May 8, 2007
Hicktown, NC
I went up to Sugar last weekend and it will be my last. That lift just sucks. They even had both entrances and the dungeon closed. Fvck that we road it anyways. Not like they tell you before you give them your money. And like Cecil said why would you want to support that mountian when 26 West is in it for the right reasons. You guys will like 26 West.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
I went up to Sugar last weekend and it will be my last. That lift just sucks. They even had both entrances and the dungeon closed. Fvck that we road it anyways. Not like they tell you before you give them your money. And like Cecil said why would you want to support that mountian when 26 West is in it for the right reasons. You guys will like 26 West.
Come out sunday Bro!!!!

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Maybe if Sugar watches wolf laurel steal the 20 or so people that actually rode there last summer they'll make some moves on letting us build some real trails.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Maybe if Sugar watches wolf laurel steal the 20 or so people that actually rode there last summer they'll make some moves on letting us build some real trails.

Andrew you are better off working Beach Mt. I talked to a Mr. Holdmen at the start of the year and he was welling to look into the idea. His # is 800-438-2093. He said he had to get the Ski season over first. I just haven't call him again due to work and all the other stuff going on for my race. If you need my help let me know. That Mt. could be the best in the South East easy!!!! Best Rock Garden around!!!!

You coming down for the Paris race?

That would be great, but I just don't see them doing anything but scenic lift rides for the floridians. They had a great chance to do something with the start of the National Series coming there and build momentum for increased bike business. It's too bad because they have so much potential.

Happy to give my $$ to Ryan though for his efforts at 26 west. I think as long as we keep supporting it, my hope is that place is going to be the snowshoe of the south one day.