Quantcast

Going to Tahoe!

zoey

Monkey
Mar 19, 2006
california
YAY!!! Me, the mountain bike and my friend are heading to Tahoe!
I've never been before so I'm hoping you Tahoe hunnies can fill me in!

Trails please? We're riding Flume Trail, and I'm not sure about Mr Toads Wild Ride, so any other recomendations would be great.
Any and all really cool jump parks or jumps would be great. A good local bike shop is always appreciated. And last but not least any bmx parks, please??? :)

thanks grls! :)

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
heya.
when are you coming to town? would have responded sooner, but i was doing the whistler/north shore thing.

skip the flume trail. pretty, but ohhhh so boring. toad's is lots of fun. i can give you a tour if you want. It's best with a shuttle vehicle too. bmx track is open for practice on wednesday/friday nights and racing is on sunday.

zoey

Monkey
Mar 19, 2006
california
Hey Amy! I think we have to do the flume trail. You know, it's like going to Paris and not seeing the Eiffel Tower, or something. :) I've never been to Tahoe before so it will all be fun for me.

We're going to be there Sunday through Wednesday (16th thru 19th). What time is racing bmx on Sunday night? I doubt we'll race, but I definitley want to check out the track.

Anywhere else fun to ride besides toad's? And is there a good bike shop you can recommend?

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
you have to do toad's. seriously. it's a super fun ride.
i'm just warning you about the flume trail... there'll be a ton of people, it feels like you pedal uphill both ways, and there is no rewarding dh. do toad's. and do xmas valley. but both of those rides are better as a partial-shuttle.

racing is at 2 on sunday. come race! seriously. there are hardly ever any girls there. and there are trophies! trophies rule. think about it.

if you would like someone to show you some trails, i'd be happy to (post work hours during the week). drop me a pm and i'll tell you about more trails and such.

bike shops: sports ltd is good because they are open until 7. i go to sierra cycle works for any big repairs, but they close at 6.