Quantcast

Going to the doctor

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I went to the doctors for my yearly check up. I haven't seen her in a while so I was kind of nervous.. She said I am good to go. Actually for my age I am very healthy. I am kind of concerned though.. Lifes little aches and pains seem to be more frequent as I age. If I continue to live an active lifestyle.. Should I expect to also live with pain?

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
Remember how you used to heal super quick from injuries when you were a teenager?
good cuz if you remember that, you're not old yet. Ozzer says something often when people ask how old he is. His answer... "when I'm at work, I'm old, but put me on a bike and I'm 18 again"... truer words have never been spoken.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I went to the doctors for my yearly check up. I haven't seen her in a while so I was kind of nervous.. She said I am good to go. Actually for my age I am very healthy. I am kind of concerned though.. Lifes little aches and pains seem to be more frequent as I age. If I continue to live an active lifestyle.. Should I expect to also live with pain?
There's a reason God created Vicodin...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
as your age increases so does your need for daily doses of Ibuprofen to numb all the daily aches and pains from years of having fun

is it worth it? Yes

when I was 18 a 50 year old friend told me that there will come a day when all you can do is sit in the sun on the porch. He said don't be the old guy saying I wish I had done .... be the old guy saying remember when we did..?

I'm now looking at 52 and he was so right

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Dude, I turn 37 next month and I have remember when moments. Like Eric said, my goal is to double the number of stories before I am wearing adult diapers.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
as your age increases so does your need for daily doses of Ibuprofen to numb all the daily aches and pains from years of having fun

is it worth it? Yes

when I was 18 a 50 year old friend told me that there will come a day when all you can do is sit in the sun on the porch. He said don't be the old guy saying I wish I had done .... be the old guy saying remember when we did..?

I'm now looking at 52 and he was so right
Same age, right there with ya.

Unfortunately I didn't start riding until I was 46. I recently signed up (perhaps foolishly) for a 60 mile event the first weekend of October because I want to get all this in while I can. The day will come when I will be forced to back off a notch. In the meantime, I shun the Ibuprofen to savor the pain. :biggrin:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
It only hurts when you stop.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
My body aches so bad, especially in the morning. All the years of sports are catching up with me. Once I get up and start moving around, pop 4 Advil I start feeling like I did when I was 35..... That's a good thing:think:

Aug 8, 2008
the magic 8 ball says definitely for me, but I'm only 25 does this mean i must suffer for the rest of my live.

goes to cry in the corner.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Less down hill this year but road twice a week. I feel better and no pain this year so far. As a added benefit I think I am faster on the bike this year because of the road riding.

What I wanted to say it that it can also go the other way (I am 36).