Quantcast

Going to Whistler...

Moogie

Monkey
Nov 27, 2001
SEATTLE, WASHINGTON
In about 3 weeks my brother, a bunch of friends and I are heading up to Whistler. My problem is that I dont have a bike to take up there (my old Bruiser bit the dust last year and I've been riding a single speed old ass road bike). So if anybody has been to Whistler and rented a bike ( I'm gonna need at least a burly hardtail, if not dual suspension) then please share your experience/ knowledge of where I can get the best, cheapest bike for my 2 day biking excursion up at Whistler. The cheapest I've seen is $148 for 2 days, but I also have to buy a lift pass, are there any stores that sell both for a discounted price?

Thanks in advance.

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
I would just get the stab garbanzo at the shop right where they sell the tix. A hardtail will kill you, it almost killed me. You should see the mad max II carbon I destroyed!

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
People would have chimed in if they had any better ideas. The Konas you can rent from the resort are pretty decent. There are some package deals around but as far as I know most have to do with discounts on lift tickets if you rent lodging - don't know about any deals on rentals. If you haven't already done so, check out the Whistler web site then follow-up by calling around. You might also call some of the bike shops up there and see if they offer discounts for multiple days - I'm a fan of Evolution and they have some pretty sweet rigs but not sure what the rentals cost.

Whistler is not cheap but the riding is priceless - do whatever it takes to make it happen!!

Moogie

Monkey
Nov 27, 2001
SEATTLE, WASHINGTON
im leavin in 2 days. im gonna get some body armour from a friend and i have a full face i can use. im so pumped, last time i was there i had a hardtail with 100mms of suspension, but it still was awesome.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Roasted said:
Check out the westin. They have package deals for room nights + rentals + day passes + armour. You save quite a bit of money on the rentals and extras themselves.

http://westinwhistler.com/activities-bike-park.html

On average a day rental is 99$/day (half days are 45 I think), and the pass is ... I think 30 (not sure I have a seasons pass)
Hey! i Had to bail on the race so i'm not coming up.
Are you still racing?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Why don't you go to your LBS and see if they can hook you up? You might get cheaper rental prices where you are, and if you don't have to pay for shipping (I didn't see whether you're flying or not) it might pan out.

Worth a shot.

Moogie

Monkey
Nov 27, 2001
SEATTLE, WASHINGTON
im driving up, and i dont have a bike i can use. my LBS (downhill zone) is hooking me up with a discounted pass, but i have to rent up there. im leaving tomorow (friday) and when i get back ill post pics.