Quantcast

Gold at $992/oz this morn...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Who cares, Oil hit $104. Why oh why do I love my xterra so much?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Who cares, Oil hit $104. Why oh why do I love my xterra so much?
I do!!!!!!

This effects my business in a big way. It makes it very difficult to build up a significant inventory of jewelry. It also makes it difficult to keep prices inline with what the market can bare. The average consumer is unaware of rising costs of precious metals, so they just don't understand why jewelry is so expensive.

Screw it! It's almost 70 degrees here, I just installed some Avid Juicy 7's, I'm going riding.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Gold is so expensive...

How expensive?!

It's so expensive that I'm filtering my goldschlager before drinking!

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
http://www.mrgoldteeth.com/

just down the street, and since opening shop, it now shares the pkg lot w/ a popeyes, pawn shop, cash advance store, liquor store, & korean market.

they're called stereotypes for a reason.

gsweet

Monkey
Dec 20, 2001
Minnesota
it's thanks to that price/demand that i'm currently sitting in the first class lounge in sydney on my way back to tasmania from the northern philippines. thanks gold for making things awesome for a poor grad student!!!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Gold is going up because commodities are the only sector making decent money right now. Because of this, more money is going into it (read dumb money - ie retail investors) Gold especially is going up because people are fleeing the USD, and need a "safe" place to park cash. Gold, is that safe place. It is globally accepted as a currency, it's value is the same, no matter what currency you are in, and it can't be printed.
As for Burley's comment, I have a buddy that's a dentist. He just bought a new BMW X5 with money from gold filings. Most people don't ask for their gold fillings back. He has always just put them into a small sack. When gold broke $900, he had it melted and sold.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
As for Burley's comment, I have a buddy that's a dentist. He just bought a new BMW X5 with money from gold filings. Most people don't ask for their gold fillings back. He has always just put them into a small sack. When gold broke $900, he had it melted and sold.
That's a LOT of fillings! Damn

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
Gold is going up because commodities are the only sector making decent money right now. Because of this, more money is going into it (read dumb money - ie retail investors) Gold especially is going up because people are fleeing the USD, and need a "safe" place to park cash. Gold, is that safe place. It is globally accepted as a currency, it's value is the same, no matter what currency you are in, and it can't be printed.

Every dentist I know is a slimy sucker, kind of like the car salesman of the medical field.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
He always asks them if they want to keep them (legally have to), most just said no. To the normal person, it's a tiny amount of gold. He's been saving for 10+ years though.