Quantcast

Goldtec or Bergtec hubs from UK ?

lost it

Chimp
Dec 11, 2007
South Oz
I've had the Burgtecs for about three months now, previously I had Hope pro II's. The Burgtecs are just as light, slightly better engagement and are holding up really well. They are very well built, and there customer service is excellent. I'm a very satisfied customer so far...

RMboy

Monkey
Dec 1, 2006
England the Great...
I would say Goldtec, but i have not heard anything about updated hubs from them.. I used to run there hubs back in 2000 to 2003. Worked great, but where heavy. Im sure by now they have an updated better set out...

As for burgtec, i have only heard good reviews about them. But i have had no time on them my self.

- pete -

Chimp
Apr 22, 2008
both hubs are made in the same workshop at BETD. the Burgtec hub shares some design features of the Goldtec hubs (i'm thinking the disc mount). I'm running a goldtec draco 150mm on my m6. its a tad heavy but work brilliantly. the sealing isn't the best tbh. the freehub side has no seal or end cap between the freehub and outer bearing. the disc side is much better sealed. the pawls are very similar to the hope bulb. small springs as opposed to the leaf springs seen in pro II's. not too sure how burgtec pawls work. i do like the flange spacing on both the burgtec and goldtec hubs.
http://is.pinkbike.com/photo/3959/pbpic3959830.jpg

the guys are betd are very friendly and helpful. though i guess you'd be dealing wiht the same guys for spares.

Last edited:

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
I've been running the same Goldtec hubs (draco front and rear) for at least 6 years now, maybe a bit longer. Tad heavy but extremely reliable, good engagement and really good customer service on the one occasion I've needed to speak to them a bout getting some shims to space out a front disk.
To be honest I'm not sure there is much of a difference between the two companies designs though