Quantcast

Golfers are Wussies!!!!

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I was listening to Jim Rome on the way to work, and one of his guests told a story about taking a knee on the golf course. There was a big build-up but the short version: two dudes got drunk the day before, woke up for a 9am tee time, and one dude was so hungover he had to go to his knee to place his ball down.

I was like "WTF". Who here has gotten tanked and raced the next day?

My buddy did it for the Downieville Classic (5000 foot climb, and basically the Downhill course for the finish). He said that the volunteeers along the course, who were drinking with him the night before, kept busting on him as he rode by them.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I did an expert XC race the day after pounding too much wine at a wedding. My head felt like it was going to explode and I was dry heaving at the starting line. I was dead last on the start sprint into the singletrack by a good 30 seconds. I managed to rehydrate myself on the first lap and ended up getting 3rd. Actually I think hard excercise and a whole lot of water is the best cure for a hangover.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
MunkeeHucker said:
That's why their golfers, golfing is not a sport, but a game....
:stupid:

Golf is what you do when you are too hungover to do anything else. Or you want to drink and drive safely

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
:stupid:

Golf is what you do when you are too hungover to do anything else. Or you want to drink and drive safely
When I was stationed in FLA we played golf but we also played a beer a hole, damn that was fun, I once shot a 66 but then we played the back nine.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MunkeeHucker said:
When I was stationed in FLA we played golf but we also played a beer a hole, damn that was fun, I once shot a 66 but then we played the back nine.
Is there something wrong with shooting a 66 on the front nine? :mad:

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
I like to golf but usually get turned away at the cart rental desk with my cooler of beer and no clubs!!

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Last time I played golf, there were more beers in the golf bags than clubs.

Oh, and my first response to the title of this thread..... "and?"

BSEVEER

Monkey
Dec 23, 2004
SoCal
Probably half of the DH racing I did over 6 years I was hungover. I passed out on the lift a few times while going for a practice run. Usually by race time I was a little better.

splat

Nam I am
.:Jeenyus:. said:
Care to elaborate?
Well a company I Used to work for had this golf tournement. and I signed up for it. even though I had not played in years . It was a shot gun start. and my 4 some was sent out to the 14 hole. it was one of these where the Tee is up higher than the hole . so they had me tee off first . So I got up there and hit the Ball with every thing I had. it took off nice then Made a hard right turn , through some trees into the Next fair way. a couple minutes later a cart pulls up and they yell at us "don't you believe in Yelling 4 ? , were on our way to the hospital to get stictches" and the one guy is holding a white and ( now ) red towel to his head. I klunked him right above the eye, he got 9 stiches :) and the best part , he was one of the few on the course who was not from our company .

Prechrysler

Chimp
Aug 6, 2004
There are different levels of 'hungover'. When you're so hungover you can't even hold down water the next day, there is no way in hell you're gonna do something even as unstrenuous as golfing.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
splat said:
Well a company I Used to work for had this golf tournement. and I signed up for it. even though I had not played in years . It was a shot gun start. and my 4 some was sent out to the 14 hole. it was one of these where the Tee is up higher than the hole . so they had me tee off first . So I got up there and hit the Ball with every thing I had. it took off nice then Made a hard right turn , through some trees into the Next fair way. a couple minutes later a cart pulls up and they yell at us "don't you believe in Yelling 4 ? , were on our way to the hospital to get stictches" and the one guy is holding a white and ( now ) red towel to his head. I klunked him right above the eye, he got 9 stiches :) and the best part , he was one of the few on the course who was not from our company .
Mods - this is the best post about golf that can possibly be made. Please lock this thread now.

splat

Nam I am
H8R said:
Mods - this is the best post about golf that can possibly be made. Please lock this thread now.
Oh and it got real entertaining as word spread through the course that some one had been hit and sent to the hopital, especially when at one point we crossed path with the CEO , and he Asked "did you guys hear some one got hit with a Ball and sent to the hospital" and the other 3 in our foursome all pointed at me , and said We not only herd , we saw him do it !

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Prechrysler said:
There are different levels of 'hungover'. When you're so hungover you can't even hold down water the next day, there is no way in hell you're gonna do something even as unstrenuous as golfing.
Ah, New Years Day 2005

:dead:

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
My Grandfather belonged to this really nice country club, and he used to take me out when I was a kid to drive the carts. One time, my legs were too short to reach the brake, so I ran us into a tree. That was the last time I drove a golf cart with my grandfather.

And Golf is for old people. 70+

:D