Quantcast

gone to London, anyone need anything?

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
spring break trip.

a little cold time to visit but should gave a blast.

got a 512 card and 3 batterys, i am READY!

BillT

Monkey
Is it your first trip there? I go at least once a year for work so I'm kinda familiar with certain parts of the city (Hyde Park, Knightsbridge area). I'd recommend getting some chocolate over there - it is so much better than what we have here.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
OH OH you'll find these 2 kinds of chocolate bars made by cadbary (sp?) you can't get them outside of the Uk one is the "double decker" the other I can't remember have to ask a friend but it was even hard to find in London. Really though check out the chocolate bars there from cadbury so many different kinds. :rolleyes:

BillT

Monkey
Get a box of Cadbury Roses (assorted individual chocolates), but if you go into some of the bigger department stores - Harrod's, Selfridges, Harvey Nichols - they'll have a bunch of different brands and I remember the brand called Green & Blacks being particularly good - all organic and some great flavors.

If you are into to looking at nice cars, the Knightsbridge area south of Hyde Park is great for seeing all sorts of exotics and there is a cool Aston Martin dealer near there as well.

Pick up some Goodridge brakelines while you are over there...even with the crappy exchange rate, I believe they are cheaper there than here.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
BillT said:
If you are into to looking at nice cars, the Knightsbridge area south of Hyde Park is great for seeing all sorts of exotics and there is a cool Aston Martin dealer near there as well.
yeah, our hotel was in mayfair, about 5 blocks from that aston martin dealership. i saw so many bentleys it was like seeing 7 series BMWs here. saw a maybach too.

even discounting the exchange rate, london is very expensive in relation to yr average US city.

BillT

Monkey
narlus said:
even discounting the exchange rate, london is very expensive in relation to yr average US city.
London is one of the most expensive cities in the world and that area of town is one of the most expensive areas so the people that live there have tons of cash.

My co-workers that are over in London love coming to the states because they can pick up lots of things (clothes mostly) at cheap prices relative to what they would cost over there.