Quantcast

gonna be cool

fubar5

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
Houston, TX
I'm building a dirt gap jump behind my house. Right now its only about 3 feet high, but I'm not finished yet. I want to make it about 4-5 ft high. I'm not sure how long I want the gap yet. My previous jump only had a 4 ft gap, which is lame, and I could clear the whole dam thing without ever touching the landing jump. When its done, its gonna be SWEET!!! If you guys have any tips, I'm not deaf or blind.:D

axel

Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
conway, ma
a 4 foot gapisnt that bad actually, if you have a hump wiith AOLT of lip...personally i would prefer to have a smaller gap, taller jump and a really steep lip and steep landing...BMX style. it makes it much easier to pull tricks off IMO...and is much safer if you fall because you dont need quite as much speed to clear it...you could do alot with a 5 foot lip though...

fubar5

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
Houston, TX
Originally posted by axel
a 4 foot gapisnt that bad actually, if you have a hump wiith AOLT of lip...personally i would prefer to have a smaller gap, taller jump and a really steep lip and steep landing...BMX style. it makes it much easier to pull tricks off IMO...and is much safer if you fall because you dont need quite as much speed to clear it...you could do alot with a 5 foot lip though...

Hmmmm, I hadn't thought of that. A steep landing would be sweet...Maybe I'll build two.