Votes: 13 34.2%

Votes: 17 44.7%

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
This is a thinly veiled plea for help isn't it....it's okay, you can have the operation. No one will judge you...

:rofl:

I'm partial to #3 as well. Looks girly without going over the top.

It'll probably get you into her pants as well!:rofl:

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
splat said:
While I like #3 the best ,since she actually plans on riding it , I would not go near #3. Radially laced rear wheel will not hold true, and radially laced spokes just in general gives a harsher ride.
really?? Thats good to know. She rides to work and back, plus comes home for lunch every day. It will get lots of riding.

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
sam_little said:
You live in Oly. Make sure you get her one with fenders, unless she is such a girly girl that it would never be ridden in the rain.
Yeah I was thinking that too, she has a rain suit that she wears now, so she's covered anyway but...

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
I haven't checked out electra, thanks for the tip. The cool thing about those bikes is they are almost throw away at $120-$140!

bjanga

Turbo Monkey
Dec 25, 2004
San Diego
I showed my girlfriend this thread. She told me that the all looked the same. After prompting her again, she said she liked the teal one.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Or you could try the Nirve, Paul Frank bikes...

I vote against any bike with 'colored' rims cus I remember how hard a time we had at our shop years ago trying to replace them when they died for whatever reason. Just get silver rims if this bike is actually going to get ridden.

Oh, and I went with #1 from your choices.

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
peter6061 said:
Or you could try the Nirve, Paul Frank bikes...

I vote against any bike with 'colored' rims cus I remember how hard a time we had at our shop years ago trying to replace them when they died for whatever reason. Just get silver rims if this bike is actually going to get ridden.

Oh, and I went with #1 from your choices.
good point. It definitely gets use. She hasn't driven once in the 2 weeks since I bought the first one!:love: Nirve has much more stylin bikes, now I have even more options, thanks :)

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Oh, and take a look at the Kustom Kruisers as well. Might as well have as many options as possible...

This is the one my wife has wanted for years. We just don't really have good places for cruisers around here so she sticks mostly to mtb.

http://www.kustomkruiser.com/catalog/glidedelx.php

And yeah, I know it goes against the rim 'rule' I spoke about, but she really liked it. Who knows, you might actually be able to get the replacement wheels nowadays.

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
peter6061 said:
Oh, and take a look at the Kustom Kruisers as well. Might as well have as many options as possible...

This is the one my wife has wanted for years. We just don't really have good places for cruisers around here so she sticks mostly to mtb.

http://www.kustomkruiser.com/catalog/glidedelx.php

And yeah, I know it goes against the rim 'rule' I spoke about, but she really liked it. Who knows, you might actually be able to get the replacement wheels nowadays.
Nice, got any more links?? :)

Cruisers are great for around here.

Olympia is so bike friendly they are perfect

(From today) When you aren't on one of the many bike paths

The bike lanes are everywhere and bigger than the actual road

And where there aren't bike lanes, there are dire warnings to autos :)

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
BAH, Olymia looks sweet!
But I am here to make your life harder, so here goes. Seing at how she comutes you may want to look at a comuter style bike or a flatbar road bike such as the ones from Marin, marinbikes.com. She will be able to comute just as well and then on weekends take it for longer rides, that a beach cruiser would be kind of poopy for.