Quantcast

Good 150mm fork?

crashwins

Monkey
Nov 4, 2009
I have a Fox Float 150mm on my Transition Bandit, but I'm looking for something similar to complement my TransAM (hardtail AM bike). Any suggestions? I'm looking at some sweet Rock Shox like the Revelation, maybe another Float...Just don't know much of what's out there besides Fox. Thanks y'all

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I have a Fox Float 150mm on my Transition Bandit, but I'm looking for something similar to complement my TransAM (hardtail AM bike). Any suggestions? I'm looking at some sweet Rock Shox like the Revelation, maybe another Float...Just don't know much of what's out there besides Fox. Thanks y'all
Maybe some more details on what you like? Marz 44 rc3 ti comes to mind in that group. I like mine but not enough time on it.

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
Does Marz have any adjustable travel forks? With air?
Dig my old 55s(air) as I can just wind the travel down to change geo to suit what track I'm riding, same with my Pike/Revelations. Handy on any bike, but love it on my hardtail.

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or
I love my older 55ata micro. I beat the **** out of that fork and it just keeps working just like it should. It has been the best part of my am bike. Havent ridden the new ones but if they are anything like mine they should be awesome

crashwins

Monkey
Nov 4, 2009
Well I'm feeing the Marzocchi love here..Honestly, I never even considered their forks as I've always used Fox..Not that I think there's anything wrong - you just use what you know. I'll have to check them out. The Revelation seems pretty reasonable - this is my backup bike so I'm not trying to break the bank here. Thanks folks!

tabletop84

Monkey
Nov 12, 2011
I own a Revelation Dual Air and although RockShox discontinued this the fork is running way smoother than the solo air version of my buddy. The only problems I hav is that no matter how low of an air pressure I ride I never use full travel (~5mm stay unused) and the fork dives on steep descents.

crashwins

Monkey
Nov 4, 2009
What do you think about the Pike 327? Little heavy it seems, no lockout, but aren't they pretty bullet-proof?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Does Marz have any adjustable travel forks? With air?
Dig my old 55s(air) as I can just wind the travel down to change geo to suit what track I'm riding, same with my Pike/Revelations. Handy on any bike, but love it on my hardtail.
the Micro Switch Ti forks are adjustable and air

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
What do you think about the Pike 327? Little heavy it seems, no lockout, but aren't they pretty bullet-proof?
been beating the piss out of my bike for getting on 3 years, still working well. It isn't the best fork ever, but for something that goes up and down, feels good enough, and is relatively maintenance free, it works great