Quantcast

Good Bay Area Powder Coating companies?

lonewolfe

Monkey
Nov 14, 2002
Bay Area
Can anyone recommend a good powder coating company in the Bay Area. I think I'm ready to get rid of the infamous scuba yellow color on my Bullit. I know it has always been the most popular color from Santa Cruz but I just feel like being different.

snutty

Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
Oakland in da house
lonewolfe said:
Can anyone recommend a good powder coating company in the Bay Area. I think I'm ready to get rid of the infamous scuba yellow color on my Bullit. I know it has always been the most popular color from Santa Cruz but I just feel like being different.

you should talk to phil, i dont know if you saw his power coated versus bike but the place did a good job with it...he also did the the power coat for the versus show bike

lonewolfe

Monkey
Nov 14, 2002
Bay Area
I did not know Phil had a Versus bike. I thought he still was riding the Dare. I did see a picture online of the show bike from Sea Otter. That was a pretty wild paint job. What did Phil do with his? Oh, and who are you anyway Mr. Snutty?

lonewolfe

Monkey
Nov 14, 2002
Bay Area
Hey Brian!

Have you had a frame done by Maas Bros.? If so, what did you have done and what did they charge? How long was the turnaround time?

snutty

Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
Oakland in da house
lonewolfe said:
I did not know Phil had a Versus bike. I thought he still was riding the Dare. I did see a picture online of the show bike from Sea Otter. That was a pretty wild paint job. What did Phil do with his? Oh, and who are you anyway Mr. Snutty?
phil, is turning the dare into a beach cruiser..he has a weapon X power coated like this red/brownish color same color as the golden gate bridge. The guy who does the work does only bike frames...

its jason :blah:

lonewolfe

Monkey
Nov 14, 2002
Bay Area
Hey Jason!

I was wondering who you were since you seemed to know who I am. I'll give Phil a call this week and see who did the frames. Thanks!!!

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
lonewolfe said:
Hey Brian!

Have you had a frame done by Maas Bros.? If so, what did you have done and what did they charge? How long was the turnaround time?
I had a few of them done there, they are a powder coating place. They usally charged between $125-$179 depending on the finish. Also they have a huge selection of colors. Their hours are a little funky like 6 or 6:30 am to like 2 - 2:30 pm M-F. So I usally am there like around 6:30 am to go over my color choice and show what needs to be plugged and/or masked (for bearings, BB, headset etc) they take between 10-14 days depending on how busy they are. I highly recommend them!!!!!!!

I'll second MAAS Bros....they do all the Ventana frames as well.
If you like Yellow...do a search over on empty beer on the 29er. page for the "first ride of El Capitan"
There's a picture of Sherwood on his 29er. which he had painted SBY(school bus yellow)

IronJim

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Santa Cruz Mountains
lonewolfe said:
if you still havent got it painted, you should call up santa cruz, i think they do it for $75 ish. but the thing is you have to wait for them to come around to the colour you want.they only do certain colour certain weeks

lonewolfe

Monkey
Nov 14, 2002
Bay Area
Hey Ron!

I've been waiting on you to get your frame. Phil told me you have it now so let's get them done this week. I should be able to get ours done for the price we discussed. Anyone else will have to pay a little more but it will still be the best deal around.

As for getting them done by Santa Cruz, I've already talked to Santa Cruz and it came out to about $200 per frame and to top that off it is a 6-8 week turn around time.

Are you hitting Pacifica tomorrow?