Quantcast

Good beer..?

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
so, we've gone through 12 packs of all the generic beers (MGD, Miller High Life, Bass Ale, Pacifico, Sam Adams, Red Hook, Heineken, Sierra Nevada, Corona, PBR). And going through about 24 beers a week for 2 of us, we're running low on choices out here. Any beerggestions for us? BrianHCM, this one's for you...

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
There's TONS of choices out there. Most of the small local micro breweries are making good beer. If you are looking for quality, this is the way to go. Try the Wheats, Pale Ales, or IPA's. Peruse the Food and Beer forum here on RM. There's threads there on what is good, and what to avoid.

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
Green Flash Pale Ale is excellent. Green Flash Also makes a nut brown ale for those of you like your English style New Castle-esque beers.

J

JRB

How can you use generic and then put (Sierra Nevada)??? I think your braids are too tight.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
loco said:
How can you use generic and then put (Sierra Nevada)??? I think your braids are too tight.
:stupid:
That's what I was thinking. Sierra Nevada may be common, but it's not generic.

But as for my suggestion: GUINNESS!!!!!!!!! And lot's of it. Although a nice 40oz of Old English 800 may suit your rows.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Harpoon IPA is my favorite. Doesn't seem to be available too far outside New England though. Sippin' one now, actually. Its in my avatar.

Enginerd A2

crappy
Feb 20, 2002
Ann Arbor, MI
Schlitz malt liquor - the 40's with the blue bull on 'em. For some reason, I developed quite a taste for these towards the end of my academic career. Go figure. It actually isn't too bad, but it always gave me a pretty fierce hangover, so I had to give it up. Recidivist mentioned Old Style to rep Wisconsin, so I'm going to drop Stroh's in the spirit of my Detroit roots.

*Edit* Add Mountain Creek to anyone's cheap beer list, if you can find it. $3 a six pack at Trader Joe's AND it's palletable.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
extreme2 said:
Fat Tire Amber Ale, made by new belgium brewing company in colorado. The owner is a mountain biker......
There's another beer with a similar mountain biking name (like muddy tire or something weird like that). It was just mentioned in one of the biking mags. Does anyone know what I'm talking about??

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I normally like Sam Adams stuff, but I tried a Sam's Scotch ale - yuck!! - I couldnt even finish it

I was so sad that I wasted alcohol

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
I like Grolsch and Becks. I'm not too sure where you live, but if you have a "BevMore" near your house, check them out. I always find really good beer there, and their prices are reasonable.

beestiboy

Monkey
May 21, 2005
Merded, ca
sam adams cherry wheat is always good for one or two bottles, red seal ale (north coast breweries in Fort Bragg)

Definitely find a BevMo or if you are feeling a little rich try Cost Plus, they somtimes have some really interesting beers and wines too.

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
Brian HCM#1 said:
I do like it, so what :think:
As do I, and alot of other people, it seems to me that theres like only 3 people on the whole site that dont.

And Sean you should try some Stella, Anchor Steam, Blue Moon, and of course some NewCastle. And I'm sure you remember James and I at Sea Otter, buy yourself a 24 pack of Hamm's and drink it until you drop, it will give you a whole new appreciation for PBR.