Quantcast

Good bike shop on Cleveland?

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
My mother-in-law wants to start casual riding around her neighborhood, where in Cleveland can I send her so she gets a decent bike but doesn't get oversold or taken advantage of?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My mother-in-law wants to start casual riding around her neighborhood, where in Cleveland can I send her so she gets a decent bike but doesn't get oversold or taken advantage of?
I am not from Cleveland but go there a lot. I think the Ohio City Bike Co-Op would be a good place to start. (downtown near the flats) They sell used bikes and seem like decent folks from a I just visited and have never bought a bike or anything other then a tire from them. I have worked in a few shops so I think I can tell a good shop from bad pretty easily. Solon Cycle in Solon (South side) is a big box shop and have a huge selection for those that need that sort of thing. This is my buddys favorite shop and he likes them a lot.... Friedrich Bicycle is also a cool shop and might intimidate a newbie as they are like an old school shop but offered bikes like Mongoose and Haro for a change. It is in the heart of the city also, West side....

Leethal

Turbo Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Avondale (Phoenix)
Solon is good, Spin in Lakewood is too they are on opposite sides of the city. So I guess it depends where she lives.. there are also some Performance shops in the greater Cleveland area so you could effectively tell her exactly what bike to buy.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Solon is good, Spin in Lakewood is too they are on opposite sides of the city. So I guess it depends where she lives.. there are also some Performance shops in the greater Cleveland area so you could effectively tell her exactly what bike to buy.

She lives in Parma heights? I think it's south west, but not very terribly far from the flats or downtown.