Quantcast

Good Bluetooth Mouse?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Well, as a loooooong time Trackball user, I have come to grips with the fact there will probably never be a bluetooth trackball :(

So now the question is, which bluetooth mouse? I need one for my computer drafting class this semester, and will be using it with my 15" Powerbook. Anyone have any suggestions/personal experiance?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
dirtjumpP.1 said:
logitech... i have a g7 laser, and have yet to find fault in it
That's not Bluetooth, it's just wireless.

BigMike, are you stuck on Bluetooth for a reason? The USB dongles for wireless connectivity are pretty small and easy to use. I'm sure someone makes a wireless trackball with a little USB wireless connector.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
BigMike said:
Well, as a loooooong time Trackball user, I have come to grips with the fact there will probably never be a bluetooth trackball :(

So now the question is, which bluetooth mouse? I need one for my computer drafting class this semester, and will be using it with my 15" Powerbook. Anyone have any suggestions/personal experiance?
so why a trackball? I heart my optical...

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
binary visions said:
That's not Bluetooth, it's just wireless.

BigMike, are you stuck on Bluetooth for a reason? The USB dongles for wireless connectivity are pretty small and easy to use. I'm sure someone makes a wireless trackball with a little USB wireless connector.
I am stuck on Bluetooth because I already have to use a Dongle for Vector Works, and don't want to have to have two things sticking out of the side of my computer. My Pbook only has two USB ports, and one of those is tied up with the VW Dongle, and the other if I have to print, copy files off of a USB Key, etc.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I've seen that trackball, I dunno about it. The ball looks HUGE. I might check it out now that it is in stable production. When I was looking at it, it was still in its first run, blah blah blah.

Maybe i'll get it and report back :)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
cannondalejunky said:
i think the ball on that looks so huge because the entire theing is about the same size if not smaller than a normal mouse
Yeah, the website indicates that the trackball itself is standard sized, it's the holder that's smaller than usual.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Mike checkout the microsoft intellimouse bluetooth. It doesn't have drivers but i set all the extra buttons (two side and scroll wheel click) to work with expose so i can access my desktop or switch between apps real fast.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
mobius said:
Mike checkout the microsoft intellimouse bluetooth. It doesn't have drivers but i set all the extra buttons (two side and scroll wheel click) to work with expose so i can access my desktop or switch between apps real fast.

How did you set all the buttons if you dont have the drivers?