Quantcast

Good brakes in 2022

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
put the bottle in a vacuum sealed bag?
leading idea so far.
You'd still have air in the bottle, no? I guess you could leave the cap slightly loose and vacuum the air out of the bottle and bag, then tighten the bottle while still in the bag?

How about a glass jug with a spigot at the bottom and a seal that moves down with each use? Or a cheap large syringe and squeeze out the air with each use?

I wonder if we can overthink this one some more? :think:

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
leading idea so far.

if i still had access to an induction sealer for bottlers i would just re-seal it.
If I were to try and save it,which I would not,is too: Leave the Seal on,then take a ToothPick and Poke a Small(but big enough)Hole in the Center. From there you have many options. Metal Tape,Silicone etc.

Avy

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You'd still have air in the bottle, no? I guess you could leave the cap slightly loose and vacuum the air out of the bottle and bag, then tighten the bottle while still in the bag?
the idea is to limit the amount of air (and therefore moisture) it is exposed to. it's not like there isn't air in the bottle when it's factory sealed.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I guess you could just shove some saran wrap down into the bottle until some fluid spills out and screw the cap down over top of that. #smrt

I guess I should go fluid shopping before embarking on my Dominion install mission. I'm a little choked to have a near full bottle lying around from this summer...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I guess you could just shove some saran wrap down into the bottle until some fluid spills out and screw the cap down over top of that. #smrt

I guess I should go fluid shopping before embarking on my Dominion install mission. I'm a little choked to have a near full bottle lying around from this summer...

Or just store it in a ziplock bag with some desiccant in it. I expect a little more from a fellow Wet Coaster on how to keep things dry.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
place opened brake fluid in larger, sealable container
purge container of air with pressurized nitrogen blanket
?????
profit

(or just use brakes that use mineral oil)

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
place opened brake fluid in larger, sealable container
purge container of air with pressurized nitrogen blanket
?????
profit

(or just use brakes that use mineral oil)
F***, beat me to it.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
PUT SOME CARBON AIR IN THERE!

The properties of gas in a cavity are considered unchangeable, so modifying the stiffness of an air spring is usually done by altering the chamber inner geometry as described. But what if you could change the behaviour of air? This is where sorption comes into play, the key ingredient to Carbon Air suspension products.

Carbon Air solutions

Adsorption mechanism

1673467436186.png

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
you honestly think they're nitrogen flushing bottles of DOT fluid before sealing them?

:rofl:
Why wouldn't they? I've used modified inert atmosphere (nitrogen) for confectionery, coffee, seafood, pharmaceuticals, medical instruments and fresh meals. At the very least they'd probably vacuum the bottle slightly. Pharmaceuticals and food industry do this shit all the time for shelf life on relatively cheap products. I'd nearly guarantee its done on chemicals and hygroscopic fluids, especially if they're subject to randomised QA checks for certification purposes.

I've got a mate working for a major manufacturer here, I'll ask them what they're doing. I'm pretty sure one of the machines I refurbished and sold went to a place that does cosmetics.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Why wouldn't they? I've used modified inert atmosphere (nitrogen) for confectionery, coffee, seafood, pharmaceuticals, medical instruments and fresh meals. At the very least they'd probably vacuum the bottle slightly. Pharmaceuticals and food industry do this shit all the time for shelf life on relatively cheap products. I'd nearly guarantee its done on chemicals and hygroscopic fluids, especially if they're subject to randomised QA checks for certification purposes.

I've got a mate working for a major manufacturer here, I'll ask them what they're doing. I'm pretty sure one of the machines I refurbished and sold went to a place that does cosmetics.
why wouldn't they? cost. for the amount of headspace we're talking it would be far cheaper to bottle and seal in a low RH environment than to nitrogen flush.

and yes, I've been working with MA packaging for years. for a while I was working on bioresorbable implants that were oxygen sensitive.

Last edited:

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
for the amount of headspace we're talking it would be far cheaper to bottle and seal in a low RH environment than to nitrogen flush.

"Each bottle is filled with Nitrogen, increasing shelf life and eliminating contamination while factory sealed "

Penrite

"A nitrogen blanket is added to each bottle during manufacturing to purge moisture and ensure the maximum level of performance "

Seems at least some of them do it.

"Each bottle is filled with Nitrogen, increasing shelf life and eliminating contamination while factory sealed "

Penrite

"A nitrogen blanket is added to each bottle during manufacturing to purge moisture and ensure the maximum level of performance "

It's unfair to post factual information.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Penrite

good to know. that being the case I'd expect it's more prevalent among the high end brands.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

Penrite

I got a bottle of the RBF 660 still unopened. I bled my Hopes with leftover from the original.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
but is the bunker vacuum sealed with a nitrogen blanket?
Gases are spewing into the atmosphere. You know we have a world, right? So the world is tiny
compared to the universe. So tremendous, tremendous amount of fumes and everything.
You talk about the carbon footprint — fumes are spewing into the air. Right? Spewing.
Whether it’s in China, Germany, it’s going into the air. It’s our air, their air, everything —
right? So they make these things and then they put them up.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Gases are spewing into the atmosphere. You know we have a world, right? So the world is tiny
compared to the universe. So tremendous, tremendous amount of fumes and everything.
You talk about the carbon footprint — fumes are spewing into the air. Right? Spewing.
Whether it’s in China, Germany, it’s going into the air. It’s our air, their air, everything —
right? So they make these things and then they put them up.
now that's some stable genius talk right there