Quantcast

Good CHEAP Rubber

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
The Maxxis Minion DHR can be found for decent deals and they work good, not as good as the DHF but good enough for me and my budget

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
if cheap is what you are looking for then check out the deals on intense tires at jenson usa...
http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/TI287A07-Intense+Dh+Exdc+Lite+Tire.aspx
i picked these up for my slalom/ aggressive trail bike for a local dh race and was very pleased with the tires, especially for less than 20 bucks. might have trouble running tubeless though.
Got to say no to these ones. I got 'em thinking that I'd save myself some $, but I REALLY dislike the way they feel. It seems like they just never hook up right. In order to get them to feel halfway decent I have to run them rock hard, so they get sketchy on skinnies and roots. They might be OK for New England single track, but they SUCK for the Shore.

I have had really good luck with Bontrager Big Earls, but I don't know how cheap they are anymore.

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
those intense tires stink in the east coast to. They slide around way to much

the pricepoint nev's are folding nice and light but not up to dhing because they lack the double ply thick casing meaning mucho flat. Jenson's has the dh casing one for almost the same price

Weight: 780g

Color: Black

Bead: Folding

Recommended Conditions: All Conditions

Nov 11, 2007
norcal
Just got some Geax Neurons in. After waiting for ONE YEAR, the distributor finally came through with them. Cheap (retail @$40), tubeless ready. They look kinda like a cross between a Minion and an Ardent. Haven't tried em yet, we'll see how they work.